Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Day with mist and sun that make the temperature pleasant at midday.
I'm ready for the photo conference tonight
f4mxko.jpg

Lobbia Borsalino Qualità Extra Superiore made in the 50s
2urayz6.jpg

Color is "Rutenio" Felt is soft and pliable
1z3m5ix.jpg

This is a very classic "homburg" in proportions with ribbon and finishes on the brim that match the color of the felt
20a9dp2.jpg

Comes new from Merano, M. Hutter shop, along with some other hat of this shapethat you will see soon
jzigdf.jpg

I'm sorry I did not let these hats pass by "Post new hat here"...in the near future they will show with more details

Thanks a lot for your likes on the Borsalino heather felt
Buon Giovedì

Amazing, Daniele!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been out of the office having to pretend to be a grown-up way too much this week. Happily, this morning is the last one. I'm wearing the blue Dobbs Fifteen for the occasion.

I hope that each of you have a fun Thursday full of great hats. View attachment 96878 View attachment 96879 View attachment 96880 View attachment 96881 View attachment 96882 View attachment 96883 View attachment 96884
Yummy back bow Matt! Love the color. Splendiforous Thursday to you as well.

View attachment 96887
Peters Brothers this morning.
Sweet one Bob. Love the shape.

Inky black Kitten Finish Beaver Twenty Five Resistol on this chilly Wisconsin morning. The felt on this hat is simply incredible! Enjoy.

-Mike

ac3a99b6bfda7a570891f4339e98a4d6.jpg

Black hats rule Mike. Love that liner tip. I agree that this one needs more head time.

af8581e15245a3f7118dae7854218bc2.jpg

VS

The sweater king reigns supreme. Super VS Perry.

This is a very classic "homburg" in proportions with ribbon and finishes on the brim that match the color of the felt

Comes new from Merano, M. Hutter shop, along with some other hat of this shapethat you will see soon
jzigdf.jpg

I'm sorry I did not let these hats pass by "Post new hat here"...in the near future they will show with more details

Buon Giovedì
OMG Daniele! That is one of the most beautiful Lobbia Borsalinos in history! Love the color, lines and the pristine condition. Definitely a major favorite!

Yesterday was New Hat Day, as I took delivery on a recent eBay win.

So far this morning we have a Dobbs Fifteen and a Resistol Twenty-five. I'm coming in with the low bid in this Mallory Ten. The auction photos weren't the best, and I prayed it would clean up nice, but what I received yesterday was beyond what I expected. Fantastic (and very pettable) felt, an interesting dark gray color, sharksgill bow, wind trolley, felt and sweat in great condition, what more can a guy ask for?

Gave it a good steaming and brushing before work and put a quick diamond in it.

Man, I love the smell of steamed vintage felt in the morning!

GILLS!!

Cool edge treatment. The binding is wider on the bottom than the top, resulting in this bound and stitched top edge.

5f9a912e35ad8217ef3af4665fcd31e7.jpg

I'll take better shots when I can for the Mallory thread. It was dark when I got home from work last night, and dark when I got in this morning, so I haven't even seen it in natural light yet.

I wish everybody a Youthfully Smart Thursday!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Yes, the smell of felt in the morning...smells like...VICTORY! Gills! I'll have to check out more details on the Mallory thread. Great catch, fishing from the "Bay". Congratulations on this one. Envy, covet...

Akubra Campdraft

vtbYZMgh.jpg
zOGf2zjh.jpg
Great images Sam. Now you need the shot with a leap into a huge pile of leaves! Nice jacket and CD.

Lots of great hats already this morning.
This is my Catalina G hats western take on a Lords hat
3750252c9452dcd2d3e5aa5a03d7bdbf.jpg
71e1f7542ebac3744259124fc8bd1265.jpg

That is one interesting hat Richard. Very impressive look.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Ooo I like that one very much! I don’t think I’ve heard of that Catalina G Hatmaker before.

Thanks Jeff, fat fingers this morning it’s just Catalena Hats in Bryan TX
I’ve got a couple of their hats and they are-working on a rust colored western influenced bowler for me.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
f4mxko.jpg

2urayz6.jpg

1z3m5ix.jpg

20a9dp2.jpg

jzigdf.jpg

Buon Giovedì
That hat is absolutely superb Daniele. And the scarf is very nice too. A great look for a chilly morning.

Yesterday was New Hat Day, as I took delivery on a recent eBay win.

So far this morning we have a Dobbs Fifteen and a Resistol Twenty-five. I'm coming in with the low bid in this Mallory Ten. The auction photos weren't the best, and I prayed it would clean up nice, but what I received yesterday was beyond what I expected. Fantastic (and very pettable) felt, an interesting dark gray color, sharksgill bow, wind trolley, felt and sweat in great condition, what more can a guy ask for?

Gave it a good steaming and brushing before work and put a quick diamond in it.

Man, I love the smell of steamed vintage felt in the morning!

531e47e4872354df12c56e3314925f9e.jpg

GILLS!!

5ec983e225ab426163b8851ad8950db0.jpg

Cool edge treatment. The binding is wider on the bottom than the top, resulting in this bound and stitched top edge.

355e18c0e3529186b0ae0f763179a40d.jpg
5f9a912e35ad8217ef3af4665fcd31e7.jpg
f34c168e05d7164e1d9a4f875d27cb5d.jpg
119e58a0fc2bd21fa9f9628f99dcbc57.jpg

I'll take better shots when I can for the Mallory thread. It was dark when I got home from work last night, and dark when I got in this morning, so I haven't even seen it in natural light yet.

I wish everybody a Youthfully Smart Thursday!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
A super dandy pickup Jim. That is a fine looking Mallory and looks good on you.

Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

Nathaniel Finley

A-List Customer
Nathaniel, Thanks! I will have a native speaker take a look at it. Maybe one here will comment too. It's from the 1895 so definitely from a different time. I am not sure where it came from (snipped from) but it's an advertisement from the hat company and not a retailer. You might want to take a look at this "Hat Manufacturer (Manufactory) Of Rehfus & Co, Kehl, Information On The Manufacture in English, German, French and Spanish languages, 1883"

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/20-rehfus-federleicht/#entry1255
Thanks for the link, Mayser! It would be interesting to hear what a native speaker thinks of that grammar.

To be honest, the German in the booklet of information about the manufacturing details was easier to follow than the German in this advertisement and the translation of the advertisement offered in the link is also not quite what the German says (at least to me).

Maybe the ad was using some idiomatic grammar that I’m unfamiliar with or which is out of use now over 100 years later. It could also be some kind of dialect (which would mean the ad was targeting one area of Germany rather than a social class as I originally hypothesized).

Of course, my German could just be not good enough, either...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot