Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks steur. I was so tired this morning after a bout of insomnia that I'm surprised anything went together well.

Thanks again. I think I rather like the light hat with the coat. To the eye the coat has a significant grey element that the camera doesn't seem to want to see today. But perhaps you were thinking of something like this?
DSCN7226 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN7229 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
The Marathon might work out okay, to some eyes at least. A rare three hat day now.

Super homburg and I'm with Red, let's see more of the coat. What nationality is it?

Thanks Red. I believe this one is the much more common silverbelly, but I will agree it's a lovely hat. I think it was my last OR pickup. The coat dates to 1951 and I'm trying to ascertain if it is first generation USAF Shade 84 or not. It was custom made in St Louis for one Capt. Alan Parker. I will probably put something about it over in the Overcoats thread after awhile.

Thanks Richard. That is a great looking 3X conversion you are wearing today. I really need to get on the stick and start working on some of my hats that need repairs or conversion work now that it's winter.

Thanks all for the likes and comments,
Michael
That's the look for me, Michael. The lighter works too, but I like this one much better. It's more balanced in my view.

I'll have a look if I can find any labels on the greatcoat. No obvious ones in sight. It's not a vintage one but a modern production. Came from an army surplus store though.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
3X OR
19b64ad7e1c0c2aedb1cdea7a88c9f1f.jpg

19ca9dfdfc843bd56d04aa12e5b8b538.jpg
Oh yeah Harv, me likey

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Great look with that guy looking over your shoulder. I'm sure you looked as dapper as that guy in the day.

That is sure a nice conversion John, love that bone ribbon treatment just enough contrast in tone to make it stand out. Impressive.

You really hit it with this one DH, looks perfectly shaped. The crown is more substantial and tall than the last modern Strat I looked at. I think it was one of the economy, coach class models though.

It is great to see you today Adrian. What a great picture of the holiday tradition with the Fam. Nice overcoat.

Love it. You are a great daddy target! Nice hat, have them try to aim more for center mass when you wear that one.

That brim is holding up to the drifts quite well. Fun image.

Sweet Ten Jim. You need to step up your snow game though. Not enough for a good coating on that Mallory yet.

I like it! The finish is nice and shiny, what is it made from? You always have such interesting hats Jeff.

It gets cold enough there to wear a coat? Nice look overall my friend.

If I had to pick, I like this OR more than the earlier one. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't kick either of them out of bed, the color does it for me on this one. That USAF(?) overcoat is gorgeous. Wish they would have issued one to me in 1974. All I got was a skimpy raincoaty thing.
Thanks Mike!

Nice pair of hats Red. Wrangling hats for Annie should be fun. How many will be required?

Michael
I think it has a pretty big cast, a lot of women too. We are really covered on women's vintage hats in our costume loft. The men's fedoras (and bowlers) not so much. I will have to put a period crease in some crappy theater grade hats, probably woolies. My Haberdasher, Oscar, has committed to costuming Daddy Warbucks and the FDR characters. Should be challenging fun.

Great looking hats, Mike. The Hat City has a nice look to it.
Thanks Stefan, it is an cheap hat from the era. The maker was a "jobber" doing hats for a number of brands, and the Hat City Hat Co. sold some under this name. Can't find much on them in a simple Google search. It will require some sleuthing.

Enjoying the first snow in a Stetson turfclub

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Good to see you Teach! Nice Turfclub, is it of the vintage persuasion?

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I think it has a pretty big cast, a lot of women too. We are really covered on women's vintage hats in our costume loft. The men's fedoras (and bowlers) not so much. I will have to put a period crease in some crappy theater grade hats, probably woolies. My Haberdasher, Oscar, has committed to costuming Daddy Warbucks and the FDR characters. Should be challenging fun.

Thanks Stefan, it is an cheap hat from the era. The maker was a "jobber" doing hats for a number of brands, and the Hat City Hat Co. sold some under this name. Can't find much on them in a simple Google search. It will require some sleuthing.

Good to see you Teach! Nice Turfclub, is it of the vintage persuasion?
No, one of the 150th anny remakes. Not as good but hard to find vintage. I love it

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Willebe

A-List Customer
Visiting some of my progeny in the Louisville, KY area for a long weekend. The TFCD got the call. Pairs up well with the heavy flannel shirt which is green/blue green stripe.

View attachment 97212

No snow, only flurries expected.
Good to hear your in the Bluegrass, HJ. I must admit that the snow is more than we expected. Granted, it isn't much, but it is more than we usually see this time of year.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Willebe

A-List Customer
Dang cold wind out there this morning. 1950s 3X OR is shielding the pate from the worst of it.
DSCN7202 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN7203 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN7204 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
At least the few flakes of snow that fell last night have disappeared.
12-9-2017 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Hope your weekend is starting out well,
Michael
I like your use of the word "pate" for head. I need my son William Pate after my grandfather and me . There is actually a Pateville Georgia named after the Pate family that lives in that area some time long ago. It was my great great grandmother's maiden name. My daughters and son often refer to his head as his pate.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Going with a homburg (and my favorite Vita-Felt) for this beautiful, cold, wet Saturday morning. It was originally purchased at the Young Men's Shop in Washington, DC.

The photo of the store I attach was taken in 1921. So, it is from twenty-something years before the hat's birthday.

May each of you have the most bestabulistical Saturday possible.

Yippee. View attachment 97196 View attachment 97197 View attachment 97198 View attachment 97199 View attachment 97200 View attachment 97201 View attachment 97202 View attachment 97203
Super hat in a great color.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Dang cold wind out there this morning. 1950s 3X OR is shielding the pate from the worst of it.
DSCN7202 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN7203 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN7204 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
At least the few flakes of snow that fell last night have disappeared.
12-9-2017 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Hope your weekend is starting out well,
Michael
Can't go wrong with an OR, Michael. I really like that red scarf against those neutral colours.

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
View attachment 97263 Chopping down our Christmas tree in a bone colored Gannon.

@LuvMyMan I’ve had the pleasure of having a few Flagships pass through my hands and this one has a few non-Flagship elements (brim binding, soft felt, shorter brim) but that would have been something.
Gray Gannon. Looks like fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ