Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slacker Drummer

Familiar Face
Okay, so I didn't actually wear this today, but this is from earlier this week. I took a chance on a hat from eBay seller sewmaster53. The box was for a Premiere Whippet that had been marked out and "Stetsonian" written over it. As best I can tell someone trimmed out a Stetsonian body with Whippet ribbon because the specs match the Stetsonian. I think this seller must pick up stuff cheap at the outlet and turn around and sell it on eBay because I've seen several unusual ribbon combos show up in his offerings . Anyway, I really like my Whiptonian.

MyStetsonian.jpg

Kiowa Bill

One of the Regulars

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Okay, so I didn't actually wear this today, but this is from earlier this week. I took a chance on a hat from eBay seller sewmaster53. The box was for a Premiere Whippet that had been marked out and "Stetsonian" written over it. As best I can tell someone trimmed out a Stetsonian body with Whippet ribbon because the specs match the Stetsonian. I think this seller must pick up stuff cheap at the outlet and turn around and sell it on eBay because I've seen several unusual ribbon combos show up in his offerings . Anyway, I really like my Whiptonian.

View attachment 106156
That looks awesome

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 106156
looks like a straight up modern Stetsonian to me

what about it says Whippet to you ?

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Excellent
Thanks Roger

View attachment 106156
Looks like a nice hat. Certainly looks nice at least.

With a hat like that, it should be.
Thanks Bill.

I grabbed my Fed for a late evening grub run.
0655daa1209aec8001a0be3694548fc7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Looks like you have that hat well trained Roger. Nicely bent.

Michael

Rogera

Thanks Roger

Looks like a nice hat. Certainly looks nice at least.

Thanks Bill.

Looks like you have that hat well trained Roger. Nicely bent.

Michael
Thank you sir. The Fed would be a better looking hat if Akubra would block them better. I've stretched this one over my 52 block several times and I'm finally training it not to resort to its old block shape.

Rogera

Lotta nice looking lids on display this afternoon. Hope everyone's having better weather in your neck of the woods than we are here in the Central part of Buckeye Country. Overcast, wet, and drizzly here today.
Broke out my Navy Blue Resistol 3X Western conversion for today, a gift from Michael R. Except for the sweat I reused all that was original to the hat in this conversion. The outside pics are closer to the hat's actual color...

Blue_Resistol_2.jpg

Blue_Resistol_4_A.jpg

Blue_Resistol_7.jpg

Blue_Resistol_6.png

How it originally looked
IMG_20171019_165815187.jpg

I can still remember watching Ed Sullivan when I was growing up. A few memorable appearances...

The Rolling Stones

The Beatles

Elvis
Awesome lines on that conversion Terry

Wormser Supreme Quality on a drizzly Saturday
Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Sweet Wormser Jim. It really turned out to be a stellar hat. Nice save.

100 percent Beaver, but won't hold a crease for beans. Really warm though, and has held up great for almost 50 years so far. View attachment 106125 View attachment 106126 View attachment 106127
Crazy cool!

I decided I needed a hat to watch tv this afternoon. And this Sovereign Twenty happened to be lying on the table
DSCN8421 crop by Michael A2012, on FlickrDSCN8422 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN8423 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Now my head is happy.

Michael
Now my eyes are happy. Great Stetson to gaze upon!

Hey all!
This new to me Tirard Elite made for Edka.
Have a great day!