Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Correus

Familiar Face
Today is a day for the '65 Akubra slouch.

20180507_140712.jpg

TPD166

One Too Many
My new Stetson hemp Open Road in sage (can't recall if I have posted it in this thread previously - but probably not since I've only worn it a couple of times). Noggin' pic is from a week or two ago, but I'm wearing almost the same thing today. The hat seems to have more generous proportions than my other straw ORs and it is much soften than my panama OR.
hemp_or.jpg
sage_hemp_OR.jpg

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Wasn't expecting to see the Polar again until fall.

Love that one Matt. Looks great. Any idea on the age of it?

Michael

Thanks Michael.
I wasn't expecting to have a day to wear THE POLAR again. Both yesterday and today we've had 60s temps.

As for today's... the size tag and construction suggests late '50s.

Your Dallas rocks.
In the 90s today so wearing straw for the first time this year. Brent Black starts it off. This was last night heading to work.

Gorgeous, Bill.

Your style is always a joy to behold each morning. Incredible finish on that porker.

Thanks Mike.

Another of my own creations today.
Grand looking hat you've made there.
f2e1c4d3d96218d8d22b5155240bd5d6.jpg

Size tag from today's hat.

Last edited:

Dutch Men

Familiar Face
I bought this Panama from a dealer in Mexico City. It isn't super fine, but it only cost about $300.
I am thinking of buying an Ultrafino the same dealer showed me today, with 42 "hebras" (strands,) for about $2200.
I don't know enough about Panamas to be sure it's worth the money. Tiffani from Optimo sent me some pics yesterday of a $2000 dollar panama, and this one seems to be even finer. With Optimo I would have a quality guarantee, and I know I wouldn't be taken advantage of... But it seems reasonable to think that a hat from Ecuador would be cheaper in Mexico City than Chicago.
Advice, anyone?
How more expansive.
How finer the straw.
How more sun protection.
Montecristi is an expensive type

https://www.panamahatsco.com/how-theyre-made

Check this
View media item 1854vs
View media item 1853The first hat is 6x expansiver than the second hat. The second photo is an Montecristi , finer straw.

Take the hat of $300. My first hat was under the $50

This was in the elevator late Sunday, as I was trusted to bring a piece of my grandson's first birthday cake to the doorman in my daughter's NYC building. Custom Hatter of Buffalo (formerly) NOS Borsalino felt with "Cav" edge. I liked the elevator lighting, but not the shaft!

View attachment 118000
You were performing a trusted service in such a great hat Charlie. Love the shape of this one.

My new Stetson hemp Open Road in sage (can't recall if I have posted it in this thread previously - but probably not since I've only worn it a couple of times). Noggin' pic is from a week or two ago, but I'm wearing almost the same thing today. The hat seems to have more generous proportions than my other straw ORs and it is much soften than my panama OR. View attachment 118001 View attachment 118002
I like it. Sage is such a great color.

Another of my own creations today.
Brim!:):)

Beautiful day. Mayser panama
35082637f9002ff492cabbea645aea09.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk
Very nice Serge, looks like a substantial straw.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Michael.
I wasn't expecting to have a day to wear THE POLAR again. Both yesterday and today we've had 60s temps.

As for today's... the size tag and construction suggests late '50s.

Your Dallas rocks.

f2e1c4d3d96218d8d22b5155240bd5d6.jpg

Size tag from today's hat.
Thanks Matt, and thanks for the info. I was wondering because of the Pilgrim and the Collegiate I have that have very similar type ribbons and heathered felt. I've been trying to deduce if they are a '50s product or '60s. Neither is in as nice of shape as that beauty you have.

Thanks,
Michael

Thanks Mike.

What wicked hats...

The vents on the Sea Spray are a fantastic finishing touch.

I'm coco for that coconut.

Gorgeous Strat.
Do the photos accurately reflect the color?

Great looking palm.

Photos rock.

The Dallas is such a great looking hat.

I hope that the Mondayness of Monday went away.

Dang... That Twenty looks like a million.

That is another stunner, Alan.

WhatAHat! I'd staple that to my head until felt season is back.

The Open Road style looks great in Panama

Looks like a great trip.

It's always so cool to see Lounge members meeting up. It looks like it was a hoot.

Thanks Richard.

Thanks Stefan

Man... Great looking hat. That brim appears to be a kilometer wide.

Nice. It looks like a great summer driving hat.

Excellent hat, Steve.

Groovy green.

That is a great looking derby.

The VW... what a classic!
Thanks, Matt. It's a joy to wear. Brim is not that wide (7cm) just looks that way in the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner