Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Mexico vs Germany in the World Cup. There is a great difference in the quality of play between the German and Mexican teams. There is real danger every time Germany attacks. Mexico just fizzles.

I don't know why I even watch these things. I get really nervous. I am using my Optimo Silverbelly as a security blanket.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
42a8e78b64c71f376c377ca5bfd5d6b1.jpg
Congrats on the win. Defying the first law of football (soccer if you will) is no mean feat. For the non-initiated: the first law of football is that football is a game between two teams of 11 players and in the end the Germans win.:)

Thanks, DD!! This is a favorite hat. It was an amazing time for sure, and I didn't even need to tell the story of the old bull and the young bull on the hillside, looking at the cows down in the pasture...

That’s one of my favorite stories. I’m not sure if I’m the old or the young bull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Father's Day to the Dads among us. I hope everybody got pancakes in bed!

Toasty, just like we were promised. Eighty Fahrenheits when I left for mass, 85 when I left.

Grandma Anna's Royal Stetson gets the nod for a church visit.

226a4268360e744d08eea366d2469fac.jpg
df1f7c3815efdf16f9b1360871e220ae.jpg
c1af712646c20b28211c10b2f4e6e70c.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Very nice, Jim. Had to make my croissants myself (lazy bums): ate them all myself too!

Happy Fathers Day! Hughes & Hughes Venezia. Saw this one at a local hat shop on consignment, the color is a very rich deep navy not bright like the photo. The local hat shop did not have my size so I went to the Hughes & Hughes website, found my size, and surprise....on sale with free shipping. Shipping now verified..on it's way!!!

Lots of fedoras on sale right now for Father's Day, ends soon.

www.hatshop.com/shop/view/venezia-mediterraneen-blue

View attachment 123152
Looks like a great colour. Can't wait to see the pictures in real life.

View attachment 123282 View attachment 123281 View attachment 123283 View attachment 123202 Hello there.
Since the early days of the internet I’ve used some version of “Fez” as a nom de garish. As a kid, I figured out that in many old black & white movies, the guy in the fez was one to keep an eye on.

So my first attempt at posting and uploading a picture.

Edit: added more pics of the hat.
Welcome to the lounge and what a way to make an entry! Great looking fez and you wear it well. There is a dedicated thread for fezzes:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/so-i-got-me-this-fez-see.52862/page-9
You may want to post pictures of it there.

Brushing up against 80 already and the air is thick. Marathon felt was fine for morning coffee and some bicycle tinkering.
DSCN2190 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN2193 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
It won't last very far into the day though, as we are headed back to the mid 90s
DSCN2199 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Some of those clothes with the AC built in would be about right I think.
Have a good one, drink plenty of fluids
Michael
Just a glimpse of it is enough for my fix!

STILL catching up from an extended weekend of blending families at a lovely destination wedding. The options for activities were amazing. From Fancy Orvis Fly Fishing lessons, Falconry, (VERY cool) to skeet at the Orvis Wingshooting School. I had never done this, but age and wisdom (and maybe the ability to listen to the instructors) ruled the day. I smoked my son-in-law and nephew. That was important. All while comfortably styling my Vintage Silhouettes Whiskey felt.

It was a GREAT Fathers' Day!!

View attachment 123253 View attachment 123254 View attachment 123250 View attachment 123251 View attachment 123252
Must have been the hat: can't loose with that one on your head.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Congrats on the win. Defying the first law of football (soccer if you will) is no mean feat. For the non-initiated: the first law of football is that football is a game between two teams of 11 players and in the end the Germans win.:)
I'm glad that, in my lifetime, I got to see the Berlin wall fall, the PRI lose an election in Mexico, Mexico win the football gold medal in the Olympics, and Mexico beat Germany in the World Cup.
Now all that's left is to see that there is life in other worlds (even microscopic life elsewhere in the solar system).

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy