Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a brief time this early morning I got to relax in the Texas Palapa with my coffee, Havana Cuba shirt, and the Borso. After a couple small chores and increasing temps, I moved to the Stetson milan-plasti whatever hat. :)

View attachment 127077 View attachment 127078 View attachment 127079 View attachment 127080
Beautiful Borsalino, great hat for a cool morning.

I have several mugs from Chetek in Barron County, way on the other side of Wisconsin, in the "Indian Head" region.
It is beautiful there, but has become too touristy, with outboard motors and skiers, so now I go fishing in nearby Fish and Potato lakes. Those are No Wake lakes, where a man can fish in peace.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
68bdbe9baa0617fe5ca7ce46476ac165.jpg
16a498762d8b472f5a73dcef64fcb003.jpg
9c6fb21030d1a4156edc5e7123153fe0.jpg
Impressive. Monsters.

Cruise...could be fun. Cruise with teenagers...good call on staying home.

Unlike some, I have no compunction when it comes to selling hats. Buy, sell, trade, and if you don’t wear them or if they don’t fit, or if there’s just some vague uncertainty with the hat I say move it on. There are lots who would love a vintage Playboy and you could add the proceeds to your future hat fund. I’m about to sell off a few myself. I can’t resist a cheap hat but I’m going to need to learn because I’m swamped (and still buying more ;) ).
I had a problem early on taking in every stray hat that came around. Problem is, most are still in the hat room!

I had a problem early on taking in every stray hat that came around. Problem is, most are still in the hat room!

Selling is such a bigger pain than buying. Still, I have hats in every room and better to take some preemptive action than to wait until my wife says something. She’s patient, but we all have our limits.

I keep saying I’m going to pair down my collection but then I don’t want to get rid of any of them. Just now I took a count: 5 vintage in shipping, 7 custom hats commissioned, and another four being refurbished by VS and on its way to Bond. Yikes!

Bowen recently said he wanted to trim his collection down to 20(ish) hats. I like the sound of that but which ones do you get rid of? What about the hats that don’t make the cut but also aren’t desirable and won’t bring anything at auction? Hmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Selling is such a bigger pain than buying. Still, I have hats in every room and better to take some preemptive action than to wait until my wife says something. She’s patient, but we all have our limits.

I keep saying I’m going to pair down my collection but then I don’t want to get rid of any of them. Just now I took a count: 5 vintage in shipping, 7 custom hats commissioned, and another four being refurbished by VS and on its way to Bond. Yikes!

Bowen recently said he wanted to trim his collection down to 20(ish) hats. I like the sound of that but which ones do you get rid of? What about the hats that don’t make the cut but also aren’t desirable and won’t bring anything at auction? Hmmm.

If you decide to give them away, send them to my brother-in-law's in Texas. He also is a 7 1/2, and isn't picky. :D

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up

Wyldkarma

One Too Many

Life is rough Deadly. I raise a toast to your herd. :)

Wyldkarma

One Too Many

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Good to see the Mallory out for a trip this time of year. I do like this one.
Thanks Red. I think the Dallas enjoyed the outing.

Never pass on the opportunity to wear a felt, Michael.
As a general rule, I would agree.

Hardly wore a hat yesterday and forgot to take a picture. Playing around a bit this morning trying out a few.
Hückel Chamois
View attachment 127045

Borsalino fu Lazzaro homburg
View attachment 127046
Man, those both have great finishes. And great shapes.

What hat am I wearing? Hell, I can't decide anymore! I might just have to stay indoors today.....nah!
Ever since joining the lounge I have gone down the rabbit hole....Straws & Felts all in a row.
Need to stay off the online buying sites for awhile, catch my breath, and just enjoy each day that comes along. :)

View attachment 127052 View attachment 127053 View attachment 127054
Very nice collection. Looks like you have some really hard decisions to pick your hat for the day.

May I suggest watching the World Cup finals today, Michael? They will start on a little while, and most of the world is getting ready to watch it.
Croatia, with only four million people and smaller than most Mexican States, reached the final against France.
It will be memorable, and the Croatian, Russian, and French women in the stands are gorgeous, so even if you don't like soccer you will be entertained.

I opted for a longer than usual bike ride. And eating a pint or so of wild blackberries that I ran across off of the bush.

Nice light weave on that brim, I can see through it. Should serve you well today.
It does sit lightly on the head too. A nice little summer hat.

Nice hat and crease! And what happened to your wood fence? I like it as well...

Thanks Max. The wood fence is still there, but at certain times of day and for certain conditions I would like to be able to use this white background. So I'm trying to figure out the necessary camera settings to get decent photos there.

Thanks all,
Michael

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
This evening I decided to tweak a really nice vintage Back-bow Stetson Royal De Luxe. I just hated the way it looked because of the wide band. It was very flat looking with no style, tried a pork pie bash but hated that too. Ended up with a raised tear-drop with a small tight pinch at the front, I tried to curl the binding edge as well. 1st photo is before shot.

20180715_131804.jpg
20180715_190034.jpg
20180715_190123.jpg
20180715_190143.jpg
20180715_190353.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ