Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I like it! The ribbon is nice.

The crease is what makes this beauty less of a western. The original cattleman crease they came with is much more western.

A thing of beauty Tonio. Is this Borsalino old? I know the US had a resurgence of the Back Bow style in the mid to late 1950s. It is a style from the 20s I think.

Nice color and brim on this Stetson Brent. I should look for one of these.
Ah! I hadn't thought about that. Thanks, Red.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Finally, my hat closet is here.
75d01e40974f1dbd94c234cdbdf1f8ae.jpg
c04d258716d8c2c43677f09680ed09e3.jpg

Just A Hat Rack

Practically Family
My first Open Road. No wonder people like them. Soft and firm at the same time, beautiful color, supple felt. I thought it would be too"Westerny" for my taste, but it's not.
59d998da8bafea211e300f11a0f48727.jpg
bcb7fcc7bd46176c0179c4f1a563dd77.jpg
21005cbf2f24a0025564c5c701998bca.jpg
6977e5e6b2f677c33eeb1aad877fe8eb.jpg

I know this has been a topic of debate on here, but my opinion is that a hat isn't "too western" with a front pinch, so long as the brim width is kept in check. My personal taste on that matter is anything equal to or less than 3 inches can be seen as a western, but doesn't necessarily have to be either. Obviously there are other factors at play i.e. headbands, etc that can make a hat appear to be more western. On the flip side, if you had a cattleman crease, that would definitely increase the hat's western appeal. Just my two cents. At the end of the day, the hat looks good on you!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Good luck on the hunt. I really like that straw. Great lines. It would look super with a wild color pug.
Thanks Red. The hunt was not particularly productive in the edibles category, but it was a lovely day in the woods. I found a few Chanterelles that I gave to a woman that doesn't get out hunting too often.

I've debated a bright pug, but also just a simple, but somewhat wider, black ribbon.

Thanks,
Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like it! The ribbon is nice.

The crease is what makes this beauty less of a western. The original cattleman crease they came with is much more western.

A thing of beauty Tonio. Is this Borsalino old? I know the US had a resurgence of the Back Bow style in the mid to late 1950s. It is a style from the 20s I think.

Nice color and brim on this Stetson Brent. I should look for one of these.
Thanks, Red!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko