Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

srq2002

Familiar Face
740D0FF7-3AB9-44F4-B6B4-FAD793F933F2.jpeg
Under the shade of a new Stetsonian in the Florida sun. Diamond bash.

Last edited:

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Good to see you Fred. Like that weave on the Stetson.

Yessir! Gills.

High quality weave Richard. Nice.

It is enjoyable to see the variables of details in the history of Whippetdom.

It is actually an old Mercedes Benz lapel stick pin. I have them in many of my hats.

Wonderful lines on this one Max. I need to learn more about these McAndrews hats. Seen a few float past on the Bay.

The Knox is classic Stefan. The brim on the Ticino is interesting the way it is. I like the lines. Homburg wannabe?
I told my Mom once when I was a young boy that I felt a strange fascination with surnames beginning with "Mac", and with tartans. She gave me a surprised look, and told me that it must be an "inherited memory" or something, because her father was born in Scotland.
So, when I saw a hat that had a name beginning with Mac I had to buy it. Just bought three MacLachlans, too.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

OldStrummer

Practically Family
Good to see you Fred. Like that weave on the Stetson.

Thanks, Mike. I like it too, but I'm not informed enough to know what it is.

The hat arrived with a bit of "storage rash" - it was bent a bit too much on one side, and had a little smush on the back of the crown. Since I got it for a song, I didn't think it would hurt to steam it and let it sit for a bit. Not only did it not hurt, it fixed both! Yowza!

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
I worry about Peters Bros. I'm afraid they are going the way of the dinosaur.
I hear ya Bill, last time I was in there I waited almost 10 minutes before anyone even acknowledged me, so I browsed the old hats in the wall case. When I asked about straw hats the said everything was sold out and they did not know when they would get anymore in. I had brought in my 20 yr old Peter Bros hat in for a steam and reshape, the kid that worked there grabbed my hat, did a quick 10 second brush up and a 10 second steam and said here ya go. ??? Really? . It's a sad day for Peter Bros, hope they get it together soon or they will be gone. :(

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Try the outlet, otherwise they are around $300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think I would rather keep buying vintage. I swallowed the hook, line, and sinker. :) Just practicing for my Wisconsin fishing trip next week.
Besides, I already have several Optimos. New hats are represented in my collection already.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
1930s Dobbs "Leisure light".
Cufflinks are my great grandfathers, shirt is a vintage inspired creation I had made years ago by "Natty". I'm shocked it still fits
8dbeb89d4fe4345e152283dcecf3cb39.jpg
d694f8d7394083ffd8851127c6e238b8.jpg
2309eae35afb45ce04231bace99a0e67.jpg
bab73bd319959971c261734d62480261.jpg
83a5f1ad9ffa9bdd690733fb813cc405.jpg
8289d09f19f8a490642cd292df0a8905.jpg
92b3321b7db922fc7392d8c55c7ea23f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
By seeing all the great old vintage hats you post, I keep forgetting how young you are.
By the time you are my age, you will be a living hat encyclopedia.

I wish I had started with golf and hats when I was young, dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112