Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
My new Temple XXX quality boater
IMG_4542.jpg

Take a look at the ribbon on this thing. Click for a better view.

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Black is very possibly my favorite color, or non-color depending on who you talk with. In any case, my black Borso wide brim was the choice for today. Mr Bones was more than happy to model it for me.

MVC-812F.jpg

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, he not going to have all the fun sporting this lid.

MVC-794F.jpg

EvenOdd

New in Town
I stopped by Levine's Hat Company yesterday while I was in St. Louis and picked up my first hat. Ye olde standard Stetson Temple in grey. Not vintage, but it's a good starter hat.

2007-10-31_1.jpg

I was anxious to wear it out today and then I realized it's Halloween. People probably think it's a costume [huh]

Though I am wearing a vintage tie, no idea from when. It's a rough textured linen tie, little faded out but it's got some character. I like it.

Corto

A-List Customer
tam.jpg

I actually took this photo a couple of years ago, but I did wear my "Gordons" Tam today.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
DOUGLAS said:
Dman, is that Boater rigid?

Kind of. It's stiff, but not rock hard like most I've come across. You can flex most of it. Kind of like a thick stiffened milan, which I guess is essentially what it is. I had to do a lot of steaming to get it into shape. Looked like it was squished at some point, or maybe just collapsed in on itself over time. No broken straw so to speak of, but pretty deformed when I got it.

It's got a three-ply brim, and a very nice weave.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I had a long dentist appointment today, so I decided to not wear a hat. However, another member of my family decided to be festive and wear a hat instead!

robbie1_103107.JPG

robbie2_103107.JPG

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
I need an officers crush cap...desperately...even a repro...:(
think one would go with my B-3? i'm not sure officers wore B-3s...boy i'm ignorant...:eusa_doh:

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
EvenOdd said:
I stopped by Levine's Hat Company yesterday while I was in St. Louis and picked up my first hat. Ye olde standard Stetson Temple in grey. Not vintage, but it's a good starter hat.

2007-10-31_1.jpg

I was anxious to wear it out today and then I realized it's Halloween. People probably think it's a costume [huh]

Though I am wearing a vintage tie, no idea from when. It's a rough textured linen tie, little faded out but it's got some character. I like it.
Congrats on the FIRST lid! And a good choice it was, it works!

deelovely

Practically Family
Vintage Betty said:
I had a long dentist appointment today, so I decided to not wear a hat. However, another member of my family decided to be festive and wear a hat instead!
robbie1_103107.JPG

robbie2_103107.JPG
Awwww! VB, he looks too cute!! But doesn't look all that happy...!lol

mingoslim

Practically Family
What I was wearing 25 years ago today . . .

First things first . . .

Bud . . . that black borso is incredible . . .
D-Man . . . the boater is too cool . . . I have been looking for one myself, but so far no luck . . .
Coon-cat . . . great Adam. I have an Adam Executive which is similar, and I think Adam hats are underrated . . . lots of style on a budget.
Dee . . . Lovely as ever . . .
Odd . . . The Temple looks good on you . . . But now you have started something you might not be able to control . . . Can't wait to see your first vintage hat (and your second, and your third ;) )
Corto . . . it takes a real man to wear a Tam :eusa_clap . (This said from a man who owns not one kilts, but two) . . .

And now . . . interestingly enough I found a pic of what I was wearing 25 years ago today in my files . . . (I know the date because they were for a promo shoot of my old nightclub act, and the invoice with the photos was dated . . .)

So here is what I was wearing 25 years ago today . . .

cap1982.jpg

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
mingoslim, You were RETRO, even back then. 25 years ago would be 1982 (if my calculator is correct). Most of us had our hair half-way down over our ears, which pretty much precluded the wearing of a hat. Our suits, at that time were mostly polyester doubleknit! For some reason, I don't want to go there!!! :) :D lol

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
deelovely said:
Awwww! VB, he looks too cute!! But doesn't look all that happy...!lol

Nope. Not until he got his treat. My husband said he wanted to kill me for doing that to our dog. :eek: lol

Good thing he didn't see the pictures of the CAT wearing the hat!

VB

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Well, this seems like a fine thread in which to make a first post . . . My choice today, out of my staggering selection of 3 hats, was my Cabela's Outback hat. The color is the "Nuloden," also known as brown. It's more western than I would ordinarily purchase for myself, but it's a very comfortable hat. And the earflaps come in quite handy about mid-January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko