Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Choeki said:
This is actually the front corner of the staffroom by the door. The pampers are a bit of an in-joke (you may notice there is a pacifier next to it). Basically there are a few students that try to get out of nearly every class during the day by making a run for the nurse for a variety of less than stellar reasons ("my foot is sore," "I have a stomach ache," and "I'm cold" being popular ones). After a few times in one day we start offering the diapers and pacifier to discourage abuse of the system...
Maybe you could just use that sword in the corner to straighten them up!lol
I don't see any gangster look at all, the gray really lightens it up!:eusa_clap

duggap

Banned
Choeki, you will need to keep us advised on the Chinese market for hats. They just may make some good hats. Like the looks of the light colored hat. It doesn't look like it is too big.:)

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
airforceindy said:
Just received my new-to-me Fed Deluxe from Germany via Optimo today!!! I had Graham do a reblock, and he also replaced the ribbon and sweatband. Came out looking pretty sweet, and fits great!

Looks great, Airforceindy! I'm thinking of having Graham replace a sweat on one of my lids. What can you tell me about the quality of the replacement sweat in your Fed Deluxe?

Many thanks,
JtL

Marty M.

Vendor
New & fresh idea.

Choeki said:
12DEC07-hat04.jpg

This is a great idea Mr. Choeki. Would you mind if I use this idea in my hats?
Marty

flylot74

One of the Regulars
As they say here in Southeast Texas, "Damn dude! You lookin' sharp!"

... perhaps "Ichi ban" is in order! :D

I see you have the same problem with the left shirt cuff. Mine keeps getting hung up on my watch and I have this constant imbalance. I'm currently looking for a slimmer dress watch. The one I like, I can't afford, even used!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Hat Pin

Choeki said:
Today I'm wearing a hat I purchased this weekend at one of the local haberdasheries. It is a modern Japanese brand Chinese made hat, made of thick wool felt:

12DEC07-hat01.jpg

It was purchased for about $29 USD and has a fabric sweatband:

12DEC07-hat02.jpg

It's actually a tiny bit big on me and I'm not completely happy with the current bash, but I've had little success with trying to hand bash it as it is a little soft despite being fairly thick felt:

12DEC07-hat03.jpg

It came from the shop with a pheasant feather sewn in, which I removed immediately when I got home. I then replaced it with a mother-of-pearl handmade hat pin I also bought in one of the local shops for about $3 USD.

12DEC07-hat04.jpg

A hatpin in mother of pearl for USD3.... that must have been vintage!:eusa_clap

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
jimmy the lid said:
Looks great, Airforceindy! I'm thinking of having Graham replace a sweat on one of my lids. What can you tell me about the quality of the replacement sweat in your Fed Deluxe?

Many thanks,
JtL

Thanks, JTL! The sweat is a generic leather one, chocolate brown, appears to be backed with a synthetic felt/foam of some sort, but very thin. It affords a decent amount of cushioning, and is stitched in very well. The original sweat sat further below the brim, Graham moved up into the crown so the sweat is flush with the brim-break. I will take some close-ups as soon as I get the chance. I am most impressed with the ribbon treatment; very classy!

Regards, Andy

indycop

I'll Lock Up
airforceindy said:
Thanks, JTL! The sweat is a generic leather one, chocolate brown, appears to be backed with a synthetic felt/foam of some sort, but very thin. It affords a decent amount of cushioning, and is stitched in very well. The original sweat sat further below the brim, Graham moved up into the crown so the sweat is flush with the brim-break. I will take some close-ups as soon as I get the chance. I am most impressed with the ribbon treatment; very classy!

Regards, Andy
Its been hours now!! Wheres the pics?!:D

Choeki

Familiar Face
Thanks for the compliments everyone! It's good to know I'm on the right track.

Marty M. said:
This is a great idea Mr. Choeki. Would you mind if I use this idea in my hats?
Marty

Woah. I'd be flattered if you did so considering your already impeccable style. :eek:

cookie said:
A hatpin in mother of pearl for USD3.... that must have been vintage! :eusa_clap

I was guessing that it was considering where I bought it. However, I didn't want to assume...

Actually I'll be making a report in the proper forum soon on "Deadstock Japan" today or tomorrow where I'll illustrate how and where to shop for 1930's to 1970's era clothing and accessories cheaply in Japan.

duggap said:
Choeki, you will need to keep us advised on the Chinese market for hats. They just may make some good hats. Like the looks of the light colored hat. It doesn't look like it is too big.

Pretty much all textiles with a Japanese label are made in China for cost purposes these days, but I have found some unusual items here and there for sale in working class discount shops that look as if they were reproductions of items from the Golden Age. Unfortunately I cannot vouch for their quality as I have also seen a surprising number of defects in such items...

flylot71 said:
I see you have the same problem with the left shirt cuff. Mine keeps getting hung up on my watch and I have this constant imbalance. I'm currently looking for a slimmer dress watch. The one I like, I can't afford, even used!

Hm... I just noticed that myself. I have a few pocket watches that I could wear instead that would probably fix this, but I'm fond of looking at the time on my watch when I'm driving. :eusa_doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot