Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty M.

Vendor
Right on Lucky.

Mr. Lucky said:
My new vintage Pilgrim.
Pilgrim.jpg

Lucky, that lid is way cool. You look great in it pal.
Marty Mathis

Revival Records

New in Town
RBH said:
Glad you joined us Revival Records!
Great hat! As you can see from all the post before you...we have some great folks with some fine looking lids!

Thanks RBH, This whole scene is lacking in the RI area..we got a few, I gotta get The Colonel..that old man (he he) that used to play guitar in the Amazing Royal Crowns on here. He owns some great fedoras! -RR

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Good to have you here RR...I see Douglas is doing well...and I spoke with Deanglen...he's doing alright...needed some time away from the internet. He said he'd check in now and again....:eusa_clap
Everyone...Great hats!!!:eusa_clap

kiltie

Practically Family
HEY DONATO!!!

I don't really know where to post this, but this is the thread where you asked about my Stetson, so here's the 411. The hat in the post from Jan 15th is called a Firenze. Open, the crown is about 5 and 1/4 in. but comes typical centre and side dents. The brim is dimensional, coming in at 2 and 1/4 at the sides and 2 and 1/2 at the front an back. The colour is called Tawny, and it has a deep matte brown 1 and 1/2 in. band. According to the fellow working there, it is particular to that shop, hence mine and your inability to find it on the net. It's not on his web site either. In fact, the Paris Hatters site is pretty weak, and not at all indicative of the great shop that it is. If you call the number on the site though, I'm sure he'll be happy to help - very friendly... I hope this helps, and I'm sorry it was so long coming.

Donato

One of the Regulars
Kiltie, you remembered my question after all! I thought with all the busyness of life it may have slipped your mind and I was not going to bother you with it again. Thanks. I did a search for the Stetson Firenze and came up with quite a few hits. Many online vendors sell this model but most have a waiting period for it. It is available, though.
You know, as an aside, after awhile it seems that many of these fedora styles all begin to look alike to my eyes. I hope that remark isn't regarded as heretical on this forum. Maybe it is because I am still new to this hobby (or should I call it a madness?), but it seems that when I look at one model or another, the differences are slight - brim size, (raw, bound, underwelt or overwelt; snap or not); crown height and type of crease being the only distinguishing features. Please don't excommunicate me for saying that! :kick:

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Revival Records said:
I wanna come on with my first post introducing a great fedora from the 40's..made in my hometown Providence, RI. It's my Lasalle Bentley!

IMG_0023.jpg

Thanks for having me
Cheers!
Welcome aboard RR, nice Stingy you got there, great color. :eusa_clap

Colby, thanks for the update on DG. ;)

kiltie

Practically Family
Indy

Alright D@** it...Here's an Indy style hat. Been horsing around with this thing since Monday, and (sniff) I promised myself I wouldn't do this, but... A couple other guys were posting on the Akubra Adventurer thread ( which is what this is ) about getting a little curl in the back. Well - SUCCESS!!! see pics.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/adventure.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/adventure1a.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/adventure2.jpg

It looks like I'm having an idea in the second one...

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
anyone familiar with the brand MacPhergus? its the only 7 3/4 on that auction site we're all acquainted with...can't seem to find much on the net about it though...thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart