Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingoslim

Practically Family
My Stetson OR Twenty-Five . . .

stetsonc1960or2504.jpg

I love this hat . . .

Stan

A-List Customer
A nice new Open Road clone

Hi,

My lovely wife came home last night with a box within a box.

What was in the box within a box, you ask?

A little something from Oregon. My new OR-style fedora. This isn't the HST, per se, as on Art's site. It's a sand color felt with matching ribbon that looks exactly like that used on the vintage Stetson OR's, thinner than that pictured on the HST. It also sports the thin matching edge binding ribbon as well. Of course it does!

The bash is Art's classic pinch-front fedora with the nice, deep diamond on top.

Needless to say, although I am going to anyway, I love the thing. :D

I *also* received my very first Panama hat, a 300 weaves/sq in Fino Montechristi, from Panama Bob as well yesterday. I received two new hats in one day! Whoo Hoo!! :D :D :D

So, I can answer the question of this thread in one post.

Most days until summer comes, I'm going to be wearing the new OR Clone. Come summer, it'll be the new Fino Panama. On days when I'm running errands, it'll be the vintage Steton Open Road that inspired my custom from Art.

I have another custom hat on order for late fall and wintertime, but it'll be a while before I get that one. I'll post anew once I start wearing that one. ;)

Later!

Stan

mingoslim

Practically Family
PICS!!!!!!!!

Stan said:
My new OR-style fedora. This isn't the HST, per se, as on Art's site. It's a sand color felt with matching ribbon that looks exactly like that used on the vintage Stetson OR's.

Pretty please!

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
A Resistol 3X Beaver. It's not an Open Road, but a cut-down that looks to have been done (perfectly) at the point of purchase. I kept the cattleman's crease, and added front and rear "dimples." Also replaced the thin ribbon with a wider brown one.

P1050167.jpg

MississippiLong

One of the Regulars
Caparzo said:
Christy's Adventurer :)

Perfect Raiders turn. I love it! Also, caparzo, I love your pictures in other threads of your Tawny Fawn Fed. Any new pics? noone else seems to have any pictures in Tawny Fawn. I am on the verge of getting one myself just need the extra push. Feel free to PM me, considering this isn't the thread for such things.

ML.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
I think he didn't want them shown until then.;)

But, the CS Fedora has already been featured out there in the media, including a shot on the cover of Vanity Fair. So, it's not like there hasn't already been a very public "reveal." Come on, IC...;)

Cheers,
JtL

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
But, the CS Fedora has already been featured out there in the media, including a shot on the cover of Vanity Fair. So, it's not like there hasn't already been a very public "reveal." Come on, IC...;)

Cheers,
JtL
Check your PM!;)

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Borsalino

After some fish and chips by the ocean in malibu.
DSCN7045.jpg

At the Getty Center.
DSCN7051.jpg

Back at work
DSCN7054.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL