Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Thanks bolthead, Indycop, and Bingles. It was another case of girding my loins and wearing what I wanted to wear, damn the negative thoughts. And sure enough, I received a ton of compliments. My office has really shown a great deal of support for my "unusual" attire. I know how lucky I am to be able to dress this way.

I don't know if it's because of my poor bare scalp, but I cannot stand to wear a stiff hat. It took me a long time to find a "soft" derby, and even then I had to try on quite a few before I found the one that fit like a gem. I stopped at the only shop here in town that I am aware of that carries this particular hat (Hattitude, inside the Planet Hollywood shops), and they had just opened a new shipment and were in the process of stocking the shelves. They waited patiently as I tried on every hat in my size, and I was thrilled when this one went on just perfectly. Bailey makes the same hat in other colors, so I think I'll be looking for another of the same in brown.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Today it's a late-1950s Mallory that I've given an IJ bash.

vintageMallory008.jpg

IJMallory003.jpg

vintageMallory009.jpg

I don't mind an IJ comment or three when I'm wearing this one. ;)
vintageMallory007.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
=Clipper= said:
Following in the father's footsteps, I see :) . Great looking hats and family, indycop! :eusa_clap
Thanks guys, I think!:rolleyes: lol
I tried to get my daughter to wear her straw cowboy when she left for the park this morning. I told her that black felt would be hot but she would hear none of it, "I like this one so I am wearing it".lol

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
thunderw21 said:
Wore my 1950s Champ boater today!

Sorry for the bad pic.

me023.jpg

Not a bad picture at all - but wait until you see the new Miracle-Gro potting soil commercial...where this dumb broad rips the liner out of a nice boater and uses it for a planter. :eusa_doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran