Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UWS Cowboy

One of the Regulars
metropd said:
Nice hat. Try pinching the front more as it would make the fedora less bulky on your head and will accentuate your positive features. ;)
I will do so. I always come back to the semi tight front pinch anyway, I just can't resist that look. :eek:

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday

GEDC0401-1.jpg

Today

GEDC0402-1.jpg

RBH

Bartender
jimmy the lid said:
Wil -- IMHO, without a doubt, that is the best photo you have posted on the Lounge to date. It allows us to see your head and face in proportion to the rest of you without that close-up distortion that seemed to be going on with your previous "self-photos." And, best of all, we can see how the hat fits into the whole picture (so to speak...;)).

All that being said, I think that a taller crown and wider brim work really well for you. That Sovereign looks great. :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL
I have to agree with the Chief... great looking hat and a super photo!!!
Keep with the wider brims!!! That one is perfect! :eusa_clap

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Indy, YOU'RE CHEATIN" AGAIN!... :D Makin' me wanna' break out the summer shirts, but not... yet,... stay... strong....

RBH, yeah, well I like this milan well enough. I don't think I'll pursue others but this one sort of sought me out and now I think it's a pretty good lid. I played blues with a band onstage Wednesday night and they've invited me back to sit in with 'em tonight. I'm wearing the milan 'cuz I think it fits the scene y'know? :D

Bob, check out the "New Hats" thread for detail shots on that milan.

Douglas AND Carter, you guys are making me about as jealous as Indy is but in the 'I wish I had occasion - and the good taste - to dress that well' sort of way. :eusa_clap

Viggen

New in Town
Since Summer is near and it's in the 80's I picked up a Bagalli Expedition. It's a basic Panama type. I liked the look although not familiar with Bagalli(or any other maker either). And I got it at an actual hat place. Never been in one before.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
3314245187_db2b0f1d13.jpg

The color in the center and right pictures is true. It's a khaki green.

Carter -- I LOVE that Lee Adventure. What a great felt/ribbon combo -- fantastic green ribbon! :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

carter

I'll Lock Up
shoelessjoe said:
Though the rainbow's definitely no Champ, both the hat and the friend who gave it to me certainly are ... many thanks, RBH!
Today ... on the South Platte River (Cheesman Canyon)
IMG_1733-1.jpg
Terrific picture, shoelessjoe! I don't know the spot but have fished the South Platte near Cheesman Canyon. Beautiful country for both hiking and fishing! Nice hat as well.

Viggen

New in Town
I might as well add that two of my sons, teenagers, tried the hat and liked the idea so today we made another trip to the hat place.
One came out with a Stetson, a Panama type. The younger got a Baily Panama. As long as they didn't have the same style as Dad they were good to go. :)

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Nice lids today, Gents.

IC -- great pair of lids!

Douglas -- the last couple of days, a couple of fantastic looking hats!

ShoelessJoe -- great photo and great lid!

Cheers,
JtL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner