Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wil Tam

Practically Family
hah hah hah

Hey Everyone!!

indycop said:
Was this before they put you in the backseat?;) lol lol lol

Nah... but thought I get a rise from one of you LEOs ;)

plus I hardly ever see sheriff vehicles in my area & I wanted a pic of me in front of one

to answer questions on going back to wearing stingys ... I wear them sometimes, especially when I don't have that many straw hats in the wide brim variety [huh]

I needed a break, but it's good to be back on here again :D

metropd

One Too Many
OK, Bob. For putting me through that trauma, you need to send me some of your not-so-legal cigars. Seriously. Send them. Now.

JTL, you are the Chief of the CREASE POLICE, you should no better than that.
The Crease Police has no Rampart Division.;) I, Patrolman Nicholas Engel, of The Crease Police took a pledge to protect and crease, and look the other way when our Chief is enjoying the perks of his position. Just like the real Police.

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
Barbisio Longhair Stingy

barbisioandguitar.jpg

(Promo photo for July gig at Borders Thousand Oaks)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Bakers44, this Cavanagh looks terrific on you! This one really suits you.

bakers44 said:
Awesome hats everyone!! :eusa_clap
Carter, that pic is fantastic! Love it!

I'm wearin' the Cavanagh I bought a little less than a week ago.

Oh, I'm ready for a night out now. ;)
Photo1259-2.jpg

I love this hat! I've been wearing it everyday since I got it.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Playing hat catch -up with you gents...

Being peeking in on all of you the last couple of days to see what gorgeous new and vintage hats are being worn but just but haven't had much time to post. I've been thoroughly enjoying the recent parade of hats here gentlemen.

So here goes-

JT and HPGene- nice Open Roads. JT, is that thinner ribbon a new one you added?

Douglas, every pic you take is so awesome. Very nice in that Borsalino pocket you've got there.

HPGene, your beat up Beaver Brand sure is a great hat, the other pic with the sweated out ribbon even looks very cool too!

Maguire, Happy Belated Graduation- looking sharp in the Black Fed IV, you wear it well -especially with the black suit.

Metropd, speaking of black, looking dapper and sharp as always in that very nice Stetson and the black suit.

Again JT, uh, forgive me for not knowing this already, but what ethnic group wears a Powder Blue Dobbs?

IndyCop, you always look good in ANY hat you wear- man that FL rain is really doing a number (for the better it seems) on your hat(s).

GallatinHatMan, is the Bailey Shantung just a model name only, or it having to do with the Shantung weave or something? I thought Shantung was a weave of silk fabric...

Mayserwegener, wow, FABULOUS 1940 Habig Homburg! where did you find it??

Mario, love the 1960 stingy Resistol on you. With it cocked back on your head- there is some serious hattitude going on there...

Mr. Paladin, Is your evilBay Champ a light blue or grey?? Very nice on you, sir!

Michaelshane, you are the King of the Panama! Looove the Montechristi on you...

Goose, you in that Homburg- love it love it...

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Ahhh, my dear Torpedo... ALWAYS a pleasure to see you in yet another terrificly coordinated and well thought out ensemble with the perfect hat to complete the look:eusa_clap . GREAT jacket and wonderful tie choice today.

Torpedo said:
With the every day warmer temperatures, I have switched to the lighter felts almost entirely... Aussie "San Juan" Stetson today, to top an earth toned palette:

DSC_0480.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
AlanC, you look very handsome in this BB straw- wonderful with the plaid shirt. Ah, the perfect look for the warm days of May... Oh, before I forget- LOVE the grey hat you wore a few days back with the pink grosgrain trim at the edge of the brim. Hubby Chuck was looking at one similar one here at a vintage show in SF in March- very sharp with the pink.

AlanC said:
Vintage Brooks Brothers straw

p1100228.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Even I remember that! Why did he add the Mellencamp name?? Nice Borso, Sir!
BobC said:
Tonight was a slice of life. I toasted some fine porterhouses on the grill, wore my new Borso, and smoked an Ashton VSG robusto, my favorite legal cigar while listening to some John 'Cougar" Mellencamp. Remember when he was John Cougar?Mellencapmp and his music was so much more earthy and better than it is now?

IMG_1135.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
metropd said:
JTL, you are the Chief of the CREASE POLICE, you should no better than that.
The Crease Police has no Rampart Division.;) I, Patrolman Nicholas Engel, of The Crease Police took a pledge to protect and crease, and look the other way when our Chief is enjoying the perks of his position. Just like the real Police.

lol lol lol

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
chanteuseCarey said:
JT and HPGene- nice Open Roads. JT, is that thinner ribbon a new one you added?

Yes, I replaced the stock thin ribbon with that black one.

chanteuseCarey said:
Again JT, uh, forgive me for not knowing this already, but what ethnic group wears a Powder Blue Dobbs?

African American. Steve Harvey is a black television personality. His line of Dobbs hats were designed for and marketed to black men. Unfortunately, the brightness of some of the colors (I also have an intense yellow one.) tends to perpetuate a racial stereotype. I'm in the business of helping to overcome such things. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy