Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
Y'know, from a couple of paces that stingy doesn't look so drastic as it did to me in the first, more close-up shot you posted. Hmmmm... not bad at all.

I couldn't agree more. I really couldn't figure out what was going on with the first photo -- but the second photo puts things in a much better perspective. Looks good, bakers44.

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
And, while I'm playing catch-up here, thanks to all for the nice comments on the green Stetson Playboy. That one is getting out and about this summer!

Cheers,
JtL

Dreispitz

One Too Many
I do quite like the Hanover Sq., Gene!

Here is a current straw by Zapf. Italian straw body finished in Austria. Note the green/brown hatband.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HarpPlayerGene said:
Whole lotta green goin' on today.

Dobbs Hanover Square purchased from Garrett :) :

DSC_0002.jpg

Looking good, Gene! Maybe a little "green around the gills" though!:D

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
bakers44 said:
Hey fellas, just wearin' the old light grey beater that I made a few months ago. You'll have to excuse the rather bland expression, I just got off work and I'm dead tired.

B-44, that does look much better with a distance perspective than it did in the close up shots. Still...you seem built for a wider brim.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, guys.

Dreispitz -- that wpsi count is a bit low, don't you think? :eek:
Of course, I'm totally kidding (I hope you know;)) -- I like that lid. :)

Cheers,
JtL

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
jimmy the lid said:
Stetson "Pearl"...

StetsonPearl-2.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Besides the hat, which I very much like, your shirt is killer!! :eusa_clap I assume some of these shirts you wear, like this one, are vintage? I really, really like the loop-collar shirts, which can't be found in Europe.. is this style of shirt still common in the US? sorry to be so :eek:fftopic: ;)

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
djgo-cat-go said:
Besides the hat, which I very much like, your shirt is killer!! :eusa_clap I assume some of these shirts you wear, like this one, are vintage? I really, really like the loop-collar shirts, which can't be found in Europe.. is this style of shirt still common in the US? sorry to be so :eek:fftopic: ;)

Many thanks, djgo-cat-go! Once again, the shirt is a Nat Nast. I don't own any vintage shirts, but I love shirts with a vintage look, and that's what Nat Nast is all about. I also love the pick stitching around the collar and down the front of the shirt, which, in this case, mirrors the stitching on the brim of the hat (it's subtle, I know...;)). As far as the loop collar, my sense is that this style is not that common in the U.S. -- I'm with you, I really like that aspect, as well. :)

Cheers,
JtL

Dreispitz said:
I do quite like the Hanover Sq., Gene!

Here is a current straw by Zapf. Italian straw body finished in Austria. Note the green/brown hatband.

:eusa_clap

A couple current Italian / Austrian back bow straws by Bittner.

3752530536_30e5e4e444_b.jpg

3751738681_42c62dd6b8_b.jpg

Dreispitz

One Too Many
mayserwegener said:
:eusa_clap

A couple current Italian / Austrian back bow straws by Bittner.

3752530536_30e5e4e444_b.jpg

3751738681_42c62dd6b8_b.jpg

Here we go! These back bow straws are to be seen quite often this year. Obviously not only on this side of the pond :rolleyes:
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
djgo-cat-go said:
Hey, besides what JTL said, might I suggest an Ebay search for them. A little hint though, they run BIG! I can still pull an XL in Nat Nast. Well, almost. Oh, and Tommy Bahama, on some of their prints, also does the loop collar.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
PB by VS

NikonJuly2009001-1.jpg

On my back balcony. The far buildings are 50+ story skyscrapers (right at the top is the Hyatt hotel, which appeared in `Lost in translation`) in Shinjuku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff