Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roninjedi

One of the Regulars
handlebar bart said:
I had to stop at this picture, Roninjedi. You wear a Fed like nobodies business. That is the perfect hat on you and if I found a hat that looked THAT good on me I'd staple it to my head a never remove it. Wonderful picture.

Wow thanks, Bart! I'm thinking I'd like to get another gray with black ribbon with a slightly smaller brim as well. Can't go too stingy, since I've got a wide face and shoulders. It'll be awhile before I have the cash to even consider another purchase though. Until then, I plan to wear the heck out of my two Feds this winter.

Roninjedi

One of the Regulars
jimmy the lid said:
Stetson Open Road...

OR-1.jpg

JtL

Awesome, Jimmy. You're making me want an Open Road really badly now!

RBH

Bartender

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Stetson No. 1

Soft, bound-brim 1920's Stetson western. Similar brim dimensions to an Open Road, but different block - taller, flat top.

My favorite hat:

StetsonNo1x2.jpg

Here's a look at the ribbon:

Stets_1SideUnb.jpg

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ScottF said:
Soft, bound-brim 1920's Stetson western. Similar brim dimensions to an Open Road, but different block - taller, flat top.

My favorite hat:

StetsonNo1x2.jpg

Here's a look at the ribbon:

Stets_1SideUnb.jpg

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

High Pockets

Practically Family
ScottF said:

My favorite hat:

StetsonNo1x2.jpg

I know that compliments fly around here like crows in the fall regardless of whether or not the hat looks good on the person or not, but I gotta tell ya Scott,.....that may be one of the coolest hats I've ever seen.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
High Pockets said:
I know that compliments fly around here like crows in the fall, but I gotta tell ya Scott,.....that may be one of the coolest hats I've ever seen,......and I've seen a $#!t-load of 'em.

How true is that. The brim shaping on that hat is what makes it. You make another valid point. It is only once in a long while that I see a hat I don't care for on here and we see new ones daily. I think we may all be hat nuts :D

Wolfen

One of the Regulars
The outfit that saw me named "best dressed" at work today (clickable pic):

The fedora is a Bailey wool crushable, the only semi-decent one I own. Got my eye on a couple of vintage feds on the bay right now though so I'm hoping to increase my hat collection pretty soon.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
High Pockets said:
I know that compliments fly around here like crows in the fall regardless of whether or not the hat looks good on the person or not, but I gotta tell ya Scott,.....that may be one of the coolest hats I've ever seen.

Thanks - we get a lot of good advice and examples from the more experienced members on how to pick out hats, so the compliments are justified.

Garrett, St. Ignatz, Bart, Douglas, HighPockets - thanks!

Bart - you are right that the brim really is what makes or breaks these old dress westerns, since you're not actually snapping them down like a fedora. Dinerman and Robert would know more about this, but I also think there is a curve along the sides of the westerns that help a little with getting a nice bend in the brim (they don't lie as flat as a fedora). I noticed that my 1940's Nutria had it - I loved the way that hat looked, but unfortunately it was 1.5 sizes too small :(

CRH

Call Me a Cab
ScottF said:

My favorite hat:

StetsonNo1x2.jpg

Wow! This thread is going crazy with cool stylish hats! :eusa_clap

ScottF! Man, you really know how to get a hat on! That one is a knock out strike both for the historical period it came from and for today! :eusa_clap

I just put a drying Campdraft to bed after some brim games sporting just such a squeeze on the front brim. A Squatter goes good with that sort of brim too. ;)

Today I wore this Whippet to work.

tanwhippet.jpg

hpim1948.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
High Pockets said:

Yup. That lid really just sums up the early 20th century... and now the early 21st century!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24