Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat do you wear most (and why)?

My "Justified" tribute Resistol...because it is on the hat hook in the utility room on my way outside to the barn...
Photo-0092.jpg

Inusuit

A-List Customer
Dang. Green grass. Leaves on trees. We've had over a foot of snow and a low of 8 degrees already. Oh, nice hat by the way.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
I wear a Lee Water-Bloc 10 Blue Label Stratoliner clone in silverbelly almost daily. I know, sounds funny that a guy with hundreds of hats should wear just one most of the time. But I tend to sweat easily and profusely and I dress casually for work (button-down shirt and jeans) most days. It does need a bit of attention to deal with the sweat stains and water marks on it. I have a similar hat in brown that I wear at times, and a grey Portis--but that silverbelly works with most things.

Another reason is a simple lack of organization and a tendency to be running behind in the mornings. :eusa_doh:

Cheers,
Tom

scooter

Practically Family
I try to give all my hats some wear, but I seem to go with my Knox Vagabond, my Champ Californian, and a newly acquired OR clone most frequently, if I had to say which get worn most often.

Edward

Bartender
Probably my Akubra Fed Deluxe. Looks great, my preferred shape (high, square crown and wide brim), and while it would be a serious annoyance to lose it, it's not exactly irreplaceable. Aside from brimmed hats, the ones that get the most wear are a couple of newsboys - my Stetson Burney, and a grey herringbone BWear. Those come out with anything particularly casual, in high winds, or with shearling flying jackets the collars of which I might want to put up (thus precluding wearing a brimmed hat).

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hiblack

In Felt Hat Season, I alternate a Black Snowy River Beaver Brand, reshaped into a Fedora, a Stetson Temple, my campaign hat, a Bone Rough Rider hat from Major Moore, and I have a Tony B Charcoal Fedora on order. Black hat, black leather jacket, brown hat with Olive Drab M-65, Bone roughrider with safari jacket, and the Charcoal hat with a new charcoal sportcoat. The Campaign hat is one of my outdoor hats.

Later y'all

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
My Akubra Federation IV Deluxe in Heritage Fawn when it is not too hot. When it is too hot, my choice is my Akubra Balmoral.

In wintertime, I have usually worn my brown Fed IV, but I think I need a hat stretcher to do that this year...

KyleK

One of the Regulars
Taupe Fawn Campdraft. Trimmed the brim to 2 5/8" awhile back.
It's my go to utility hat but still nice enough for daily wear. I don't baby it. At all. Through about two years of work, play, and traveling with two small kids I'd say it's holding up pretty well. No liner, fits like a glove.
6303154328_b1fa4b7a77.jpg

Last edited:

jkingrph

Practically Family
It has been a Heriatge Fawn Banjo Patterson as my go to hat for most things, casual but on the dressy side. I have a Adventurebilt, and a couple by Art that are reserved for more dressy occasions.

I recently, last spring, got one of the Heriatge Silverbelly Campdrafts, and find it more on the tan vs silver/white/blue which I had associated with Silverbelly. I like it so well that I am grabbing it more and more.

Recently I ordered one of the Federation IV deluxe in Heriatge Fawn. I find that the earthtones are fitting my taste more than the Greys and Blacks

jwalls

Vendor
100_0117.JPG

I wear this hat most often, especially when traveling. I made it with a natural beaver western weight body about 20 years ago, and found that it takes the abuse of travel, and weather well. The gray/ brown color mix goes with most of my wardrobe.

RBH

Bartender
Taupe Fawn Campdraft. Trimmed the brim to 2 5/8" awhile back.
It's my go to utility hat but still nice enough for daily wear. I don't baby it. At all. Through about two years of work, play, and traveling with two small kids I'd say it's holding up pretty well. No liner, fits like a glove.
6303154328_b1fa4b7a77.jpg

Looks nice!!
If you dont mind... lets see a little more of that trimmed brim.
I have had a notion in my head for awhile.....

I tend to cycle thru part of my collection. Since I am not wearing a suit often I tend to go thru my Bushmaster, my Squatter and my Campdraft most often. i have a yard work JC Penny Marathon beater that is worn Saturday mornings for yard work at church.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner