Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What have I got?

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Scored a hat off ebay. It is a Selentino fur felt fedora (see below)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8215860110

I was not expecting much, but it is a lovely hat, a nice moss green color, not too deep, not too light or bright (richer color than the photo). The felt is soft and the hat is pliable. Brim is stitched nicely, leather band is soft and nice. Looks like it was never worn.

Inside on the leather sweat band it says Selentino, below that the word Queen; on the opposite side it states 100% Fur Felt. On the lining, it has the word Selentino inside the logo and below that the words Marca Depositata. Below that is says World Class Quality.

It is a 7 1/4 so is a bit loose (I am a 7 1/8) but will be no problem getting it to fit.

I don't know much about Selentino so thought I would show it to you folks, who may be familiar with the brand. Anyone know anything?

karol

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
It looks exactly like the one I had, only mine was gray. Mine was a very light weight almost flimsy felt. Because it was so flimsy it really never held a crease, even with steam and alot of work, the front pinch would pop out. It was a center dent with a front pinch, like the one you will be getting. I wore it off and on for a season and put it up in the box. When I got it out again it had shrunk a size. My oldest daughter will wear it sometimes now. I bought it new from Miller Hats a couple years ago.

http://www.hollywoodhatters.com/store.php?category=13

Hollywood Hatters sells them and I think it's called "The Queen"...had I known that I probably would'nt have bought it.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Bob --

Mine is the Queen, but the felt is heavier and it is a really nice color green, what I would call moss -- not so dark you think it is brown or black, not so bright you would wear it to a St. Paddy's Day party.

Just right. Even if it shrinks a bit.

With a name like Queen, I am wondering if it is a woman's hat, or if .... no, I won't go there.

karol

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Nice fedora

Hollywood Hatters have very fair prices and excellent service. I saw another seller with his 3 year old unfinished web site and he wants $90.00 more for a Selentino hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui