Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is Shearling meant to be like?

wildbluesea

New in Town
These jackets are obviously worn on the ground for show. They must have the ok from the airforce hierarchy though. My guess is that the company offers them jackets for free, or very cheap for promotional purposes. It's a two way street. Company gets advertising, guys get free/cheap jackets which they wear when on show and probably take home as well. I'm sure all moden jets are heated or the flight suits are. A lot of police forces still have a pipe band - guys in kilts that play bagpipes etc. Doesn't mean all cops wear kilts - at least I never got caught in a skirt, sorry, I mean kilt. All part of the tradition.

JLStorm

Practically Family
wildbluesea said:
These jackets are obviously worn on the ground for show. They must have the ok from the airforce hierarchy though. My guess is that the company offers them jackets for free, or very cheap for promotional purposes. It's a two way street. Company gets advertising, guys get free/cheap jackets which they wear when on show and probably take home as well. I'm sure all moden jets are heated or the flight suits are. A lot of police forces still have a pipe band - guys in kilts that play bagpipes etc. Doesn't mean all cops wear kilts - at least I never got caught in a skirt, sorry, I mean kilt. All part of the tradition.

I see...I was assuming that they tried to use this as a selling feature as if stating: "the german airforces use it, so the quality must be exceptional".

What did she say about your concerns? I know some shearling shedding is pretty normal from what I have read. Are you comfortable enough with the company to keep the jacket or are you going to return it?

I have just always been weary of this company...it seems with these types of jackets you really get what you pay for and since there prices are so low, Ive often wondered what you are not getting.

They seem to do pretty well on ebay though.

Paden

Vendor
German airforce never use jackets like this.
You can picture every jacket with a fighter pilot, but that does not mean it is a fighter pilot jacket.
RAF Jackets with german pilots, strange.
This is a expert forum :eusa_doh:

wildbluesea

New in Town
Yes, Noble House have tried to boost sales with nice advertising, but how does that differ from any other modern company. They tell me that the only people that fear them are their competitors. Their Irvin's...may not be identical to the originanal with the side pockets, but what is it that they say: if you don't adapt you die...especially in battle. I wore the B9 out tonight for the first time and in a cold Hobart night I was bloody glad of the pockets! Looked bloody good in the pub too - not many of these down here - sherling jackets that is..lots of good pubs though. Hate to play devils advocate here, but can't we improve on the original, without taking anything away from it....So long as the quality remains, I love both!! Yes, I think I'm keeping the B9. I've wanted to love it and I think it wanted to love me!! We got on well tonight - the start of a beutiful friendship I hope. But that won't stop me from ordering a cirrus or Eastman as well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL