Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is the best way to store leather jackets?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
don't put it in plastic bag for longer storing, they need moving air, and light, because a bit of sweat or skin cell or whatever biological left on the jacket might go rancid and moldy in dark place with stale air. just leave it in storage with a light on, on a hanger with space from each other, maybe throw in some silica gel or active carbon packs in the pockets to neutralize bad stuff.

Willybob

A-List Customer
Perhaps I am prude but growing up in a military household...
I read your comment to be more about your environment standards than the preservation of the garment. I don't disagree with your standards but I'll admit I'm a bit more easy going about such things. The pic you reference was not meant to highlight a messy lifestyle but to demonstrate that these jackets are more hearty than we care to admit, the point I got from OneEyeMan's post.
Balled up in a pile on the floor of your closet.
Seriously, you're overthinking this. These are leather jackets, not precious furs.
I'm in the OneEyeMan camp on this one. I do normally hang them up but on occasion they get knocked off the bed and walked on. Helps with break in. I'm going to go hang up my jackets now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner