What is the best way to store leather jackets?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by jonesy86, Dec 5, 2018.

1. red devil

red devil My Mail is Forwarded Here

Maybe the most basic question... But what is the reason you're not simply taking them with you?

ton312 likes this.
  2. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Once you arrive in Hawaii, they confiscate anything made of leather or wool at the airport. You are then given a flower necklace and a frozen umbrella beverage to ease your loss.

navetsea, jonesy86 and red devil like this.
  3. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

yeah rip off the lining and wear them in the island, terrorize the tropic visual with alien styling.

4. jonesy86

jonesy86 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Yeah...we could call it the Jonesy Wear Wing. :)

dannyk and handymike like this.
  5. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

don't put it in plastic bag for longer storing, they need moving air, and light, because a bit of sweat or skin cell or whatever biological left on the jacket might go rancid and moldy in dark place with stale air. just leave it in storage with a light on, on a hanger with space from each other, maybe throw in some silica gel or active carbon packs in the pockets to neutralize bad stuff.

jonesy86 likes this.
  6. jonesy86

jonesy86 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Jonesy Wear Wing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Willybob

Willybob A-List Customer

I read your comment to be more about your environment standards than the preservation of the garment. I don't disagree with your standards but I'll admit I'm a bit more easy going about such things. The pic you reference was not meant to highlight a messy lifestyle but to demonstrate that these jackets are more hearty than we care to admit, the point I got from OneEyeMan's post.
    I'm in the OneEyeMan camp on this one. I do normally hang them up but on occasion they get knocked off the bed and walked on. Helps with break in. I'm going to go hang up my jackets now.

ton312 and jonesy86 like this.