Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is the Grail worth? Nothing? Everything?

Edward

Bartender
Much depends on what it is. I'm not really into buying "actual" vintage as a general rule, prefer to have reproduction now. I'm not interested in (and have neither the space nor the cashflow) collecting jackets for the sake of collecting - if I'm going to buy something and keep it around, it'll be because it's something I'm going to take out and actually wear. Were it too fragile or I was otherwise too afraid to wear it regularly, it's not something I'd keep. At the right price, though, I would certainly consider buying something to have it reproduced, especially if the figures worked that I could then sell the vintage item for more than the cost of it plus the reproduction.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
An item sitting on a shelf or a hanger in perpetuity just doesn't do it for me. I'm careful to not modify a vintage item if I believe it to have historical or monetary value. People who do that sort of thing make me kind of sad. That said, I really do enjoy actually using things that I own.
When I bought my 1972 Monte Carlo a few years back people were amazed to hear that I parked it on the street in front of my house rather than keeping it locked away in a garage. “It’s just a car” was my reply, I bought it to drive and enjoy, not as an investment and not as something too precious to use. For me that would have taken all the fun out of it.

When I bought my 1972 Monte Carlo a few years back people were amazed to hear that I parked it on the street in front of my house rather than keeping it locked away in a garage. “It’s just a car” was my reply, I bought it to drive and enjoy, not as an investment and not as something too precious to use. For me that would have taken all the fun out of it.

I understand. But you crazy. Lol.

Do you miss it? It was stunning.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I understand. But you crazy. Lol.

Do you miss it? It was stunning.
J,
I absolutely do miss her, she was beautiful and she made people smile when they saw her driving by.
I am still head over heels in love with my new Charger though, I think it’s one of the few cars that I could’ve bought that feels like a worthy successor to the Monte Carlo.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ormbingley