Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is the opinion on Coats from Amazon.com?

Legal Concepts

One of the Regulars
I am looking at some trench coats at Amazon.com, and it looks of decent quality. I was going to buy a Stafford form J.C. penny, however they are ONLY available online!(I have no credit card) so I would have to buy a gift card in the store and use it online, (and it seems they only have one color, I wanted black/dark color)

I found some nice "non-leather" trenchcoats on Amazon.com, in the color I like(to match my Sutley) and I would like some opinions. I've ordered books from Amazon.com, but that is all.

Geesie

Practically Family
The only clothes I have thus far ordered from Amazon.com are running shoes.
It's like ordering anything else from amazon, really. They're just the front end - the brand matters. Just like buying Levis from Target, Macy's or the PX are Levis.

Imahomer

Practically Family
I've never ordered clothes from them but it seems like I've ordered everything else. I love them. They are fast, reasonable and they have excellent customer service.

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
AMaZiNG.com

now, legaLConcepts, don't sue me if i'm wrong, but my experience with amazon has been suPerb...in fact, by definition it can't be bad

you can always return something which you don't like as long as you check it out first before putting wear on it, and they always have the lowest prices, from obscure sam spence cd's (the guy who composed all that nFL music) to the little aspire acer one netbook i got as my Christmas present this holiday...you always have numerous merchants to buy from, and you get feedback not only usually on what you're buying, but the merchant rating too

hoWever, when buying a jacket, i will point out what happened with BLair.com and myself a few years ago...they had this really great looking overcoat in their catalog, wool, $100...it really was nice when i got it...however, since it was on blair, and the pix were all of some guy waiting for taxis in the financial district in NY, i assumed it would be made in the u.s.

actually jugoslavia...but i kept it...unlike u.s. issue military jackets, i don't have problems with an overcoat being made overseas, without the cache of a NY, London, Paris label...the thing looks great...which is probably what will happen with the jacket you're looking at

as for amazon.com, i've only had the best experience with them...in fact, i'm celebrating Christmas by going over there now and getting the sam spence cd 'our man in munich'...$14 vs. the only copy on ebay at $24.95...both new in the shrink wrap...

mERRY Christmas aLL...even fedLounge's spanish members ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran