Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is up with this online vintage store?

belmondo

New in Town
1500 bucks for a perfectly ordinary 1960s suit?!! Is this site for real?! They have some nice stuff, and I know from experience that the price of good vintage varies from city to city, but 1500 for a Warren Sewell suit is absurd.

Which store? There are some truly absurd prices out there. Ordinary vintage suits aren't worth more than $150. For a special piece, maybe up to $300.

Unfortunately, vintage is currently quite trendy - esp. 60s, or so the dealers tell me - so the prices go up accordingly. Not to worry, they will come down again.

bk

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Yikes! A "gold-tone" tie bar with a "tiny fake diamond" for $45? Rhinestone wrap cufflinks for $70?? A set of 1920s celluloid snap cufflinks for $185??!! Crikey, I have similar items that I picked up for $5 - $10 on eBay. Oh well, "A fool and his money..."

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
I get the impression (from the name and one of the press cuttings) that this is a Japanese vintage company. Prices there are ludicrous.

But then, there are London shops equally ludicrously priced.

bk

Correct... since most have sold stickers on 'em...

Warden

One Too Many
I read an exciting articled on a vintage store in London.

So when I was last in the smoke I went along, rude staff and the oldest suit I could find had the words St Micheal inside it. Even then they wanted £150 for it.

Shame I was looking forward to another store to shop in.

Details of Bertie Woosters here

Harry

Jerekson

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
That's interesting. The more absurd prices generally come from Japanese sites. Nice to see the US sites are getting in on the ridiculous side of the vintage market.

bk

Amen.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Wow...those prices are ABSURD. Guess I just found someone that'll buy all the skinny '60s ties I've been digging up lately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy