Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite retro look on a handsome man?

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
Completely agreed! My first crush was on Elvis. I saw him once on TV and immediately said I was going to marry him. It broke my five year old's heart when my mom laughed and told me he was dead. I guess she could be pretty harsh lol
My husband doesn't mind the look. I told him once while we were out bowling that he should dress like a greaser because it would be a cute match to me in my swing dress and he said it would be cool. But he's more of a retro guy than a vintage guy, heavily into 80s and 90s culture in much the same way I'm into 40s and 50s culture. I just thank god he doesn't have a mullet. He insists they're awesome *shakes head in disappointment*

Looking very 90s indeed
n514012995_121026_9918.jpg

Haha! Mullets are one retro look that I just don't get into! Ok Ok I will say that Billy Ray Cyrus WAS hot. I think it was the tight jeans, and maybe a tad of the hair. LOL So glad we share the same tastes Penny!

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
The what I call "Gilbert Blythe" look, a men's look that seems to have stayed fresh from the late 19th century through the 40s...ever since I discovered that good ol' chum, Gil (from Anne of Green Gables), THAT IS WHAT DOES IT. I think, in the end, it's the cap. The cap kills me. I'm starting to blabber.

Gilbert-Blythe-anne-and-gilbert-17693244-120-101.gif

Oh are you kidding? Me and my sister had huge girl crushes on Gilbert LOL!

Miss Peach

One of the Regulars
Oh are you kidding? Me and my sister had huge girl crushes on Gilbert LOL!

...AND I STILL DO! Yeah, sure Mr. Darcy whatever...it's all Gil in that hat.

Right with you Miss Peach! It's all about the hat. Fedoras will do, but I like a more Average Joe look.

Willis2.jpg
Gosling2.jpg

And these two cuties live at my house!!

cruisin.jpg
pnp1-1.jpg

LOOK AT THEM!!!!! You are doing good work there in Wisconsin, BoPeep. ;)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I love a man in a suit and I love them in sweaters and slacks, but I really love a man in uniform. Especially my man ;)

Picture181-1.jpg

richandmewedding2.jpg

Our wedding 5 years ago :)

My husband!! Whoo-hoo!! I think he's very hot in his army uniform. Never thought I'd be into it -- I guess because it's my sexy husband who is in it. :D

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I like my men clean-cut (no facial hair), dark brown hair, brown eyes, and fair skin. (The only fair-haired man I think I fancy is Robert Redford). I don't care for skinny-as-a-rail men, I like my men with a little meat on them. And I also go for dressed up men and dress shoes. I like men in suits. I also like men in sweater vests, ties, and button downs (with jeans or not). I also like my husband in green, dark red, and navy blue (no idea why, it just seems to go with his coloring). A man needs a hat- but not a baseball hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner