Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite retro look on a handsome man?

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
And it could just as easily be merged right into 'show us your sweeties...' since 95% of the participants immediately used their own partners as an example of what they like. lol

GUILTY! lol

It was just easier to put up a pic that I already had saved than trawl around looking for 'new' ones to demonstrate what I like.

Can I come back now? Please?

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
jon-hamm_jpg_595x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

so dapper, not to mention swoonworthy.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
cynroux said:
This:
3467504470_afbd5961e8.jpg

I absolutely love my husband in a fedora. He looks fabulous in a classic cut, double breasted suit anyway but when he pops on a topper, I just melt. This is his summer straw. Love it.

And then there's that USMC uniform, which hasn't changed much over the decades...big swoon-age. :)

And...tattooed.
2227087501_63199bb073.jpg

I'm going to make myself a cool drink now...

Oh you guys are too beautiful togeher.

I happen to adore this
Paulswinging015.jpg

but the Navy Choker Whites are my favorite and very vintage too
33.jpg

p_nkiss1.jpg

And I am also a huge sucker for a flight suit (not sure if it is vintae) But it causes major swooning here.
PAUL-1.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
C-dot said:
That's an amazing picture! Gee you look pretty :)

Thanks it's my favorite picture of us. It reminds me a lot of world war 2 pictures of men in uniform with their girls. Thanks a bunch C-dot

Edward

Bartender
Marc Chevalier said:

This is a fun, lively thread, and no male Fedora Loungers should feel discouraged or intimidated by it.

Oh, once upon a time I would have done, though that was before I gave up caring whether women found me attractive. lol Can't do much about that, really.

lol

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
No one is ruling out men, or judging male lounge members based on physical attributes. This thread is about the look (clothing, facial expressions and hairstyles), not the specific man.

Many of us showed our sweeties, and if they happen to be classically handsome, then so be it! They are real men.

Penny Dreadful

One of the Regulars
SWOOOOOOOON!

I get serious heart palpitations over bad boys from the 1950s...the James Dean, Johnny Cash, and Johnny Depp in the movie "Crybaby."
*sigh*

Slick, medium length pompadour hairstyle
dreamy blue eyes
a little stubble on the face, but not too much
tattoos and maybe an ear spreader :D
tight jeans with the cuffs rolled up
tight tshirts
leather jacket
a sad and mysterious devil may care look

ooo..i do believe I am gettin the vapors!

LADIES DO TELL ME YOURS!

Completely agreed! My first crush was on Elvis. I saw him once on TV and immediately said I was going to marry him. It broke my five year old's heart when my mom laughed and told me he was dead. I guess she could be pretty harsh lol
My husband doesn't mind the look. I told him once while we were out bowling that he should dress like a greaser because it would be a cute match to me in my swing dress and he said it would be cool. But he's more of a retro guy than a vintage guy, heavily into 80s and 90s culture in much the same way I'm into 40s and 50s culture. I just thank god he doesn't have a mullet. He insists they're awesome *shakes head in disappointment*

Looking very 90s indeed
n514012995_121026_9918.jpg

Last edited:

Miss Peach

One of the Regulars
The what I call "Gilbert Blythe" look, a men's look that seems to have stayed fresh from the late 19th century through the 40s...ever since I discovered that good ol' chum, Gil (from Anne of Green Gables), THAT IS WHAT DOES IT. I think, in the end, it's the cap. The cap kills me. I'm starting to blabber.

Gilbert-Blythe-anne-and-gilbert-17693244-120-101.gif

BoPeep

Practically Family
Right with you Miss Peach! It's all about the hat. Fedoras will do, but I like a more Average Joe look.

Willis2.jpg
Gosling2.jpg

And these two cuties live at my house!!

cruisin.jpg
pnp1-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass