Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket are you wearing 'this month?'

coloradorider

One of the Regulars
What also helps in preventing excessive color loss in selvedge jeans is using Woolite for dark colors (black bottle) and limiting the amount of washing.

+1

Have a front loader, use Woolite for dark colors, gentle cycle cold and haven't seen my denim fade a bit from washing.

Chi-Town Co

Familiar Face
Thanks for the info on raw denim and attraction with Ironheart jeans.. I was interested in the 21 oz denim and figured breaking it in was like wearing horsehide in the beginning, once you get them broken in there is nothing like it.. I was a bit surprised over the no washing for a year comment.. Must not do much more than standing around in them or walking very slowly cause my jeans would get ripe in about a week..

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Well, it depends alot of what you do, but you should definitely do something in them or else there wont be much fading.
They say atleast 6-months if you want to get any effect.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Didn't think this forum had any denim heads- I like the developing discussion!!

I currently have a pair of Skull 5010xx and Momotaros that have been in rotation for about 18mos. Both been soaked only once (when I first got em). The momos are starting to show awesome honey combing, and I can't wait till their first dip! Maybe next year? :lol: the Skulls I don't wear so much cause I keep debating about dumping them to help fund my next jacket!

Last edited:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Due to the unseasonably warm weather... all leather is in dry dock. I've been wearing one of those light tan, cotton Cockpit A2's. I got this one cheap off the bay from a store that was going out of business.

Worf

Due to the unseasonably warm weather... all leather is in dry dock. I've been wearing one of those light tan, cotton Cockpit A2's. I got this one cheap off the bay from a store that was going out of business.Worf
I got one too - but it's warmer than my A-1 lol

CodeRed

One of the Regulars
I have three pairs of IH..the 634S in blue and black and the new engineers. I soak the blue selvage in a bucket of cold water with woolite and then hang dry...keeps the indigo intact and makes them last longer. Otherwise they will only last about a year, with the hard use that they take. They are the only jeans that I like to wear (if it isnt too warm). They take on an excellent patina that is addictive...goes great with the right leather jacket. Wearing them right now for instance.

HighandDry

A-List Customer
You guys ever find that the IHs bleed too much? My car seats have a bluish tinge to them and some light shirts now have a indigo ring ;)

It doesn't seem constant either. Sometimes they seem to quit bleeding so much and then other days there's indigo all over my hands.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
So the weather finally made me able to wear my halfbelt for a bit.
Its not exactly broken in, but the arms have gotten creases, and while they are still long - they look alot better now imho.

Im still not sure about the jacket, in a way I miss the belt, but i dunno. I also like the clean look.
What I do love is the fact that its sooo much lighter in weight then the FQHH jacket and its very comfortable when its a little warmer.

Now the straps are strapped, so its a little more waisted, it doesn't show as much when the jacket is open tho.

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

10.jpg

I love the leather.
i also love the Goodwear white t-shirt.

too much coffee

Practically Family
Gorgeous jacket Griff, a lot of character developing. I like the fit, especially the sleeve length, as well.

The outline of the item in your left front pocket............industrial sized can of Copenhagen??

Regards,
coffee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo