Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket are you wearing 'this month?'

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I refuse to read this thread until October...
It's been 100 f here the last couple of days with all the fires! Doesn't get much below 70 even at 4:00 in the morning. Even with my office air conditioner it's to hot for a light jacket.

Hepville

One of the Regulars
14 oz raw selvedge denim can be a bit stiff... so I wear this denim jacket a lot to break it in.
82300,selvedgebela01YG1O5.jpg

too much coffee

Practically Family
Same weather here, I'm considering buying a loincloth :eusa_doh:

I made a couple myself. I got the idea from watching "Spartacus" years ago. I patterned mine after the Woody Strode model, it's more of a wrap around. Also there's a couple of good examples in "Apocalypse Now". Loin cloths are very cool.
I made them out of FQWFD........Front Quarter Worn & Frayed Denim.

I'd show a pic to you guys but you would never go back to leather jackets!

Regards,
coffee

Last edited:

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Its the same here, we had 2 weeks of heat and then it got cooler so I can wear the medium oil-pull. It even got so cold in the mornings that I wore the FQHH woho :D Now its all based on if we have sun or not. Clouds=jackets.

alsendk

A-List Customer
Yes Griff, the scandinavian countries are in for a nasty summer period right now. Not much summer in sight for the nearest future.
For 2 days ago, I was actually strolling my ALC Irvin jacket for a walk by the seaside, in only 7 degrees Celcius.
How about Norway these days?

alsendk

A-List Customer
Hi Edward
Put together I have spend nearly 3/4 of a year in Beijing for the last couple of years.
And you are absolutely right about the 35 degrees Celcius in the summer season ....though my chinese born wife and I also experienced a hefty snowstorm in start december in 2010, so they actually also know how a strong winter can be like.
Have you been in Beijing/China during bad weather situations too?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Bloody freezing here today, brass monkeys and all that. I doubt we hit double figures.

Hence Mister Irvin was the order of the day. And damn toasty he was too!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Wish we could give up some of our 38 degree C in Dallas Texas to our Norsemen brethren.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Thanks, I think many here would agree...me on the other hand think its perfect, now I can use some real clothes :D

Offcourse I want it warm for abit in the summer, but Im kinda tired of the fast weather change, it has been like Irvin weather..then*bam* its shorts and t-shirt time, and I´m like huh where is my Highwayman weather?? :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters