Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A week of the Pike Bros N-1. Love that I can use it here - normally my traveling to colder places jacket...

Exactly. Have worn my BR N-1 a couple of times locally, which almost never occurs . . . loving the cold weather (although our northern brethren would no doubt describe our recent weather as tropical).

Mysteryo

One Too Many
Himel Avro 1 year old
IMG_7206.jpg

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
No jacket in N Texas past several days. Warmest weather here Christmas day on record and 80F today. However, possible snow on Monday for a Teamster week. Go figure. :p

Steve S.

One of the Regulars
No jacket in N Texas past several days. Warmest weather here Christmas day on record and 80F today. However, possible snow on Monday for a Teamster week. Go figure. :p

same here. been in the mid 70's for a couple weeks now, high 50's-60's at night. trees are budding, grass is growing & new growth on everything in between.

Edward

Bartender
My brand new Aero Board Racer under a down puffy vest :p

View attachment 40918

A couple of weeks ago, I saw a young, SE Asisn gentleman on the London Underground, wearing what initially looked like a leather version of that vest over a Perfecto. On second look, I realised it was actually a Perfecto style jacket with, presumably, a down lined body, as it had that same 'striped' effect. Improbably good looking, I'd love to have known what it was. I suspect it might have been one of the niche Japanese labels we don't see in the UK.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Wool and fleece matter........I hope on this thread. The Outerwear section has mostly leather jackets featured and hope my wool/shearling jacket share is correct.

I do not as of yet have a leather jacket. (One is in the planning.) I wished to share my shearling/wool jacket that is kept me toasty on this breezy 18'F Minnesota, USA morning.

i-zv7DZxj-M.jpg

The Filson Packer is a terrific winter coat for my part of the earth. The cold weather and breezes off our 10,000 lakes (state of Minnesota, USA) make the jacket a toasty treat to head outside in. As shown, I wear the jacket when the temps drop with caps/hats. I find the jacket fit comfy as it allows me to layer. It may be a heavier jacket, but it rides on the shoulders well. The quality is excellent. The fleece collar, while visually bold, is exactly what is wanted when the cold air and wind is present. My Filson is in a "charcoal" colored wool.

i-C6G8HDj-M.jpg

Below is only pic I have of the whole jacket showing the general dimensions. Your imaginations will have to fill in details.

i-kjwh9wx-S.jpg

Honored to be able to participate. I read the outerwear posts and admire your leathers. Ideas for my future leather jacket churn away in my mind. Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn