Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

yeah tattoo in my own personal opinion get way beyond control, lots of otherwise beautiful women covered with in my own personal opinion stupid tattoos on very stupid places... against just my own view

My opinion on tats was pretty much the same until I dated a girl tattooed from head to toe. Won't go into detail but I did a 180 on the matter like immediately and have been a fan since.
I don't like those ironic ones, that look like a badly drawn bastardization of 50's cartoon art but otherwise, to me, a good tat on a girl... Nothing compares.

Dav

One Too Many
ELC A-1 for today's trip to the garden
ResizerImage1600X2400.jpg
Please ignore my facial expression, I need a new remote battery.

zebedee

One Too Many
My opinion on tats was pretty much the same until I dated a girl tattooed from head to toe. Won't go into detail but I did a 180 on the matter like immediately and have been a fan since.
I don't like those ironic ones, that look like a badly drawn bastardization of 50's cartoon art but otherwise, to me, a good tat on a girl... Nothing compares.

Tattoos where someone's cobbled together Kanji that make absolutely no sense as a phrase are my favourites. :)

Aero battered seal cafe racer today. This is a new jacket that I haven't subjected to extremes of weather particularly frequently. I've carried bits of wood around in it but have yet to put it through its paces.

20200408_112634_resized.jpg
20200408_112642_resized.jpg
20200408_112652_resized.jpg

20200408_112708_resized.jpg
20200408_112719_resized.jpg

20200408_112728_resized.jpg

KissMyMuscle

One of the Regulars
Tattoos where someone's cobbled together Kanji that make absolutely no sense as a phrase are my favourites. :)

Aero battered seal cafe racer today. This is a new jacket that I haven't subjected to extremes of weather particularly frequently. I've carried bits of wood around in it but have yet to put it through its paces.

View attachment 225887
View attachment 225888
View attachment 225889

View attachment 225890
View attachment 225891

View attachment 225892
These battered seal looks stunning. Looking forward to see after it get broken in.

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Tattoos where someone's cobbled together Kanji that make absolutely no sense as a phrase are my favourites.

There is a dude here in Perth with a fancy Japanese character tattoo that apparently spells "Potato"..

NOT cool ! ( sorry for the thread derail !)

zebedee

One Too Many
These battered seal looks stunning. Looking forward to see after it get broken in.

The camera gives it a bit more of a yellow underglow (not a word, but I like it) than it has to the eye. It's a fairly matte dark brown a bit like dark chocolate with a lighter tone underneath and has a waxy hand (the battered tan I had also had a slightly waxy feel to it). It'll get absolutely thrashed when I get back to the Far East, particularly in the winter. I'm hoping that my tumbled cordovan Maxwell gets similarly bashed up soon, too.

zebedee

One Too Many
Tattoos where someone's cobbled together Kanji that make absolutely no sense as a phrase are my favourites.

There is a dude here in Perth with a fancy Japanese character tattoo that apparently spells "Potato"..

NOT cool ! ( sorry for the thread derail !)

It's always a good 'un when someone's got 'Freedom' done and the tattooist has decided that freedom is 'free-ness' and tattoos the customer with 'cheap'- there are loads of examples on the net of some almost abstract errors.

Nothing beats 'Chinglish' on t-shirts though. Like Cocteau Twins lyrics that got rejected.

Last edited:

KissMyMuscle

One of the Regulars
The camera gives it a bit more of a yellow underglow (not a word, but I like it) than it has to the eye. It's a fairly matte dark brown a bit like dark chocolate with a lighter tone underneath and has a waxy hand (the battered tan I had also had a slightly waxy feel to it). It'll get absolutely thrashed when I get back to the Far East, particularly in the winter. I'm hoping that my tumbled cordovan Maxwell gets similarly bashed up soon, too.
I find the battered HH frequently be missed matched and that scared me away from them. Do you find it will even out after wears? Or mismatched looking is the good point people purchase this kind of leather.

zebedee

One Too Many
I find the battered HH frequently be missed matched and that scared me away from them. Do you find it will even out after wears? Or mismatched looking is the good point people purchase this kind of leather.
I don't know if it's mismatched- the colour varies from what looks like black-brown to chocolate brown. I like the hide because it has that range: I don't about mismatching (and am quite relaxed on fit). If the battered hides are mismatched, I can't tell. Go for Aero's seal goat - it is totally uniform and has no variation in colour.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I don't know if it's mismatched- the colour varies from what looks like black-brown to chocolate brown. I like the hide because it has that range: I don't about mismatching (and am quite relaxed on fit). If the battered hides are mismatched, I can't tell. Go for Aero's seal goat - it is totally uniform and has no variation in colour.
From my experience Aero would explicitly mention if it is mismatched battered tan / seal HH. If it was custom made one it definitely should not be a mismatched one. If it was from their Sale section, it could be, but they would have dedicate it as mismatched. At least my battered tan Boardracer is not mismatched. Ken recently offered to make a "Neta Snook Southern" coat in mismatched battered seal HH for me as it would look even better and more original like the flying coat from the 30's.

Finn Vigorous

One of the Regulars
Yup, battered hides are not (meant to be) uniform; the tone varies "consistently" throughout the hide because it's broken and, indeed, battered.

"Mismatching" for me refers to mismatch between panels, such as different shades and graininess of the hides used. My battered tan Aero has next to nothing mismatching like this.

This is Work Coat in battered tan:

aero-premier-work-coat-battered-tan-front-jpg.176238

zebedee

One Too Many
A thing of beauty.

Yup, battered hides are not (meant to be) uniform; the tone varies "consistently" throughout the hide because it's broken and, indeed, battered.

"Mismatching" for me refers to mismatch between panels, such as different shades and graininess of the hides used. My battered tan Aero has next to nothing mismatching like this.

KissMyMuscle

One of the Regulars
Thanks. I have purchased a mismatched battered seal jacket from aero a few months ago and my friend in UK is keeping it for me. I am deciding if I will use this battered seal on my next jacket. This hide really looks amazing.

KissMyMuscle

One of the Regulars
From my experience Aero would explicitly mention if it is mismatched battered tan / seal HH. If it was custom made one it definitely should not be a mismatched one. If it was from their Sale section, it could be, but they would have dedicate it as mismatched. At least my battered tan Boardracer is not mismatched. Ken recently offered to make a "Neta Snook Southern" coat in mismatched battered seal HH for me as it would look even better and more original like the flying coat from the 30's.
Ken offered me a mismatched battered seal Raglan sleeve BarnStormer. My friend is keeping it for me. I have got a chance to see it in person. I am deciding if I will use battered seal for my next jacket. Would you pose some photos of your battered seal coat?

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab

aero-premier-work-coat-battered-tan-front-jpg.176238
Beautiful shade/colour!!

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
That's the example of mismatched battered seal HH (mismatched panels) used on the Neta Snook Southern coat

600;jsessionid=905BBC015E63ED1EDE5738DA7E2CF8E4-n3.bs39a

Colin G

One Too Many

zebedee

One Too Many
Thanks. I have purchased a mismatched battered seal jacket from aero a few months ago and my friend in UK is keeping it for me. I am deciding if I will use this battered seal on my next jacket. This hide really looks amazing.

I think that just about any mismatching (unless it's a huge mistake in colouration) will wear in and become more uniform over time: mismatching would be less visible in battered seal, I'd think, but even when Aero states that there's actual mismatching on a jacket, it wouldn't bother me or I wouldn't be able to tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto