Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I have just been wearing my vtg HD Sportster around the house. I like how the light from the window picked up the creasing on the left sleeve.

P1050830croppedresized.JPG

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Suede trucker from Etsy arrived. Metal buttons should arrive this week. Once I get these God awful things replaced I think this is a pretty cool jacket. The tag makes me wonder if it’s the same maker that made all those HH jackets in the 50’s. The Californian had an ignominious end as a suede trucker? Works for me. I’ll have at least 5 of these in my closet before summer starts.
View attachment 227354 View attachment 227355 View attachment 227356
You can kill potential mildew and clean suede with distilled white vinegar and baking soda

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
I have just been wearing my vtg HD Sportster around the house. I like how the light from the window picked up the creasing on the left sleeve.

View attachment 227393
Excellent jackets. They put some surprising good effort into the pattern work on these IMO. Simple designs, but cut properly. I wish I could transform my 42 Sporster into a 40 and have it fit as good as yours. But for now, its my only CR that will fit over a sweater or just be a true 50's baggy fit with a T.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When it reaches 50 degrees F (10 C) and under here in the mornings, that's when i stop walking to work and catch the bus. It's about the time that the overcoat comes out as well. 20-25 degrees C is perfect for me. 26-30 is tolerable, most of summer here is ridiculous with the average temperature 36-38 degrees C, though we had half a dozen days around 41-44 and even reached 48 degrees around New Year.

Right now it's down to 12 C in the mornings but getting up to 26 at midday.
^^
That is very true. Humans adapt to temperatures in which they dwell. When Floridians or Californians complain that 50F in NYC feels "freezing", it is real, not just talk.

Rosecitymike

One of the Regulars
Suede trucker from Etsy arrived. Metal buttons should arrive this week. Once I get these God awful things replaced I think this is a pretty cool jacket. The tag makes me wonder if it’s the same maker that made all those HH jackets in the 50’s. The Californian had an ignominious end as a suede trucker? Works for me. I’ll have at least 5 of these in my closet before summer starts.
View attachment 227354 View attachment 227355 View attachment 227356
I dunno, you’re jackets are usually some of my favorites but those chest pockets are insanely high and collar very tiny. Maybe the new buttons will change things but imo you can do much better in a suede trucker. I say keep looking!

I dunno, you’re jackets are usually some of my favorites but those chest pockets are insanely high and collar very tiny. Maybe the new buttons will change things but imo you can do much better in a suede trucker. I say keep looking!
I completely agree. The chest pockets should be an inch lower and more in line with the second button from the top. Collar is small but that doesn’t bother me all that much (but I do really want a much more 70’s looking collar). It fits really well though, so it will serve me well as a template for the next several dozen. :rolleyes:
Fortunately, they aren’t expensive.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I completely agree. The chest pockets should be an inch lower and more in line with the second button from the top. Collar is small but that doesn’t bother me all that much (but I do really want a much more 70’s looking collar). It fits really well though, so it will serve me well as a template for the next several dozen. :rolleyes:
Fortunately, they aren’t expensive.

So different are the tastes.
I think the collar is just right.
I second the pockets thing.
Still cool jacket.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ