Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Really cool! The reason I asked was that the leather looks more substantial on body than others I've seen, but that is perhaps because it's brand new :D Congrats!

I believe you are right. The leather feels noticeable more substantial than my black (non-oil finished) Nipissing from Himel. Dave explains that the aniline finishing adds to the notion of substance. I quite like the feel of the leather. Intoxicating smell too.

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
I believe you are right. The leather feels noticeable more substantial than my black (non-oil finished) Nipissing from Himel. Dave explains that the aniline finishing adds to the notion of substance. I quite like the feel of the leather. Intoxicating smell too.

This one will break in to something REALLY spectacular. Such a beautiful color.

Two day summer in Chicago has passed. Jesus H...but I also get to wear this bad boy for my Target run and done. The more I get to know this Bates it feels like it was probably these jackets that influenced the Joe McCoy deadwood (a grail jacket for me and one thats a bit more embellished with 70’s flair). Something like a hybrid CR/ car coat.
View attachment 232644 View attachment 232646 View attachment 232645
it has some great character to
View attachment 232650
View attachment 232647 View attachment 232648

Awesome. There is a same-style Bates on eBay with a bit more 70s flair. It’s tiny though.

Hh121

Banned
Lost Worlds Roadhouse
629A4FC3-0A20-4774-8C43-08B362DECED3.jpeg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 232731
Himel “The Imperial”. Fresh out of the box. Only one week in transit from Canada including custom clearance. Must be a world record.

More pics to follow and maybe a dedicated thread if I find the right words (and the time).

Watching the production of your jacket itself by Dave Himel himself really upped my appreciation for his work and the amazing craftsmanship that is represented there. I am also quite suprised & pleased that you got your jacket so quickly. Enjoy the break-in process, and yes, if you are able this jacket certanily deserves it's own thread.

Indeed it is.

I’ll keep an eye out for interesting Bates in your size since I’m guessing you have some sort of search set up on eBay. At least we are different sizes, I worry enough about Ton, Monitor, etc. sniping one from me lol.
Thanks! I'm pretty much a 38, but maybe a 40 in these.

Indeed it is.

I’ll keep an eye out for interesting Bates in your size since I’m guessing you have some sort of search set up on eBay. At least we are different sizes, I worry enough about Ton, Monitor, etc. sniping one from me lol.

At 160 lbs I think I'm now officially entering Japanese sizing so no worries there. All good, though. I'll start to worry at 150.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk