What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Monitor

Monitor

That's the coolest jacket you got, @dudewuttheheck !

Switched to Speed Demon later on. Using the most of this day as it might be my last chance in a long to wear leather. Back to t-shirts, shabby jeans and sneakers tomorrow...

Whenever in doubt, I put this jacket on and it reminds me why it's my favorite. I guess I'm stuck with it, for better or for worse. And when I try to think of any other jacket I'd rather have, I can't. I guess this'll do.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    Jarman, jeo, Whitters and 26 others like this.
  2. jonesy86

jonesy86 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Dang Dude!

sweetfights and dudewuttheheck like this.
  3. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

Thanks @jonesy86 !! :)
    @Monitor Thanks! I think my coolest is my San Mateo, but that jacket might be too cool for me. This one matches up with me better :p Also, I wanna see full shots where I can actually see those beautiful engineers. Don't cut them off, you tease!

4. John D Maccarter

John D Maccarter One Too Many

Awsome brother

dudewuttheheck, jonesy86 and Monitor like this.
  5. Monitor

Monitor

That's exactly it - You need to dress down with San Mateo, otherwise it's too cool, if that makes any sense! San Mateo is a statement. :D
    I tried to catch the boots too but the stupid phone won't stand at that angle. That's the downside of being single, gotta take selfies.

navetsea and dudewuttheheck like this.
  6. dudewuttheheck

Yeah that's true. It tends to look best with an otherwise very simple outfit. I even prefer not to wear a hat with it.

I figured that was the reason. A shame though as those are great boots!

jonesy86 likes this.
  7. jonesy86

Ah come on man, that OR is a great touch.

dudewuttheheck likes this.
  8. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 My Mail is Forwarded Here

A No Label I call Shorty

DSC09411.JPG DSC09412.JPG DSC09417.JPG DSC09415.JPG DSC09422.JPG DSC09425.JPG

Jarman, jeo, Whitters and 28 others like this.
  9. jonesy86

Good Wear Leather Coat Company Two Tone Italian Horsehide in russet with seal accents.
    Taking a break from the beach, thought I would see if I still fit into this jacket. I don't wear jeans, or leather jackets much these days, and it was cloudy so I gave it a go, but just couldn't put on any shoes. This jacket is really a unique design and probably the only one like it. JC sure does nice work.
    IMG_9281.jpeg
    IMG_9282.jpeg
    collar.jpg
    back_pleat.jpg
    side_belt.jpg

Guppy, Jarman, jeo and 32 others like this.
  10. ton312

ton312

I’ve abandoned all common sense/ logic on this jacket. I’m sending it to Dena tomorrow to narrow the sleeves. I don’t know... Maybe it’s covid brain. Scratched up hide, meh construction. There’s something about it though. Must be the weight. My spectrum is showing. Bon voyage turd.
    A9AAFC87-23E7-4523-A6C3-E7AB8FE386EF.jpeg

Guppy, jeo, Whitters and 31 others like this.
  11. dark wood

dark wood Familiar Face

Awesome look!

jonesy86 likes this.
  12. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

really? would girlfriend or wife would always be willing to take pictures from front side and back each 3 times almost every single day sometime twice a day?:D

I put a cellphone tripod in front of a mirror, so I can roughly see how I look through the reflection of the cellphone screen on the mirror and capture with remote.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    Whitters, Boyo and jonesy86 like this.
  13. jonesy86

I get no complaints out of my tripod.

14. Downunder G Man

Downunder G Man One Too Many

Schott Horsehide 641HH today, bought new. Stock off the rack in 44" , fits like bespoke ( dumb luck or "Mr Average" ?)
    Windy day down the coast , dry between the squalls. Wild sea , no surfers today (rare that!)
    Snap taken by the long suffering Mrs after a coastal "brekky" in our now open cafes ! (woohoo !)

Schott 641HH at Trigg.jpg

jeo, sweetfights, Mrfrown and 17 others like this.
  15. dudewuttheheck

Mine still does it for me :D But then again I take photos of her too so it's an even exchange

Mrfrown, El Marro, Monitor and 2 others like this.
  16. Marc mndt

Marc mndt One Too Many

That spread collar works so good with the curved frontpanel design!

jonesy86 likes this.
  17. Monitor

Monitor

Actually, yeah! My ex loved to take photos of details, she'd take the additional 10 photos of the snaps, zippers and grain, anything she found interesting on a jacket she normally didn't care much for. It was nice.

sweetfights, navetsea and El Marro like this.
  18. JMax

JMax My Mail is Forwarded Here

Vanson AR3
    AR1.jpg
    AR.jpg

19. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Been doing this for some time now. Get a cheap ebay DSLR from the mid-2000's that works on SD cards, keep it mounted on it, move it around. Easier to use than a cell phone, and can set the resolution to a lower MP so it loads right in on FL. I use a Nikon D60, the Tripod, which is a ProMaster brand, may cost more than the camera these days: https://www.promaster.com/Product/3426

A nice D60 outfit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-D-D6...060014&hash=item4b7a74d9b6:g:Nx0AAOSwRSpezKQ6

Any smilar camera or point and shoot will work very well, and since most of the deprecaition is already gone, you don't take such a hit. (Such as a new i-phone for $799 that will be worth $0.00 in 2 years.)

20. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Monitor likes this.