What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Psant25

Psant25 Practically Family

I got a nice three day trip planned with the biker fam in august. Prlly too hot for leather but if i need it and it fails ill be securing it with a bungie lol.

@Carlos840 i dont know if they would cover shipping. I am sure they would agree to replace with another number 5. Prlly cheaper, quicker, better overall in the US to send to dena or johnson leather and put a heavier zip on

roadking04 and JMax like this.
  2. willyto

willyto One Too Many

The leathers they use don’t seem to be very period accurate so I don’t see the point in following zipper accuracy when using such a heavy and thick leather.

3. torfjord

torfjord Practically Family

I had a zipper fail on my bootlegger. Aero covered the shipping to have it replaced (I’m in Europe though) with another number 5.

I think they look great and work great on their mid weight leathers. For CXL, I really can’t understand why they don’t use more muscular zippers. Plenty of horror stories about failed zippers on Aero jackets.

4. Monitor

Monitor

Not a good sign if you feel you have to baby your California freaking Highway Patrol leather jacket. It'll stop a 22lr and save your hide if you take a spill, just be very careful with the zipper.

5. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

haha thanks! I guess it's not completely out of place.

Lebowski likes this.
  6. JMax

JMax My Mail is Forwarded Here

@Carlos840 i thought about it but figured that they would just replace it with another #5. Reading other posts, that seems to be the case. I did push back and asked for a larger zip, multiple times, but kept being told the #5 is the only way to go.

I spoke with Great Leather, the jacket already is in the mail. Pricing is excellent, Dena responded quickly and folks here stand by her work. I’m in. I may do a two-way zip while I’m at it.

ton312, Zoo, navetsea and 3 others like this.
  7. kowalski

kowalski Practically Family

Tom71 likes this.
  8. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 Call Me a Cab

Dena will do great work! I've now been to her shop, she knows what she is doing! :)

Lebowski and JMax like this.
  9. Psant25

Psant25 Practically Family

I think JL did a zipper on the blue premier hwyman correct? Any feedback on one vs the other if I too was going to get a new zipper?

10. JMax

JL replaced the main zip on my since-moved-on Pegasus. Very well done. Based on what I’ve read, both are about the best option here in the states. My local guy is amazing but he flew this coop at the onset of the pandemic. Not sure when he will return to work. Figured I would give GL a shot and go from there.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    Mrfrown and Psant25 like this.
  11. JCSD

JCSD One of the Regulars

Dena does stellar work. Just had her work on the sleeves of my LW PJ-27 and I don’t think anyone else could’ve done better work.

ton312, Hh121 and JMax like this.
  12. JMax

That’s certainly good news. If she can work with the LW leather and tight stitching she can work with anything. Thanks.

JCSD and Psant25 like this.
  13. JMax

My off-duty supervisor needed me to drive
    her to Bath & Body Works. Figured I’d wear my Trojan. No reason, I’m not even getting out of the car.
    EE3FB2D9-6596-4F6D-823B-728C2A1A03EB.jpeg

14. JCSD

JCSD One of the Regulars

I usually need less an excuse than that...

JMax likes this.
  15. John D Maccarter

John D Maccarter Practically Family

That's a bummer, sorry bud. Look at it as an opportunity to upgrade. The jacket still kiks ass

JMax likes this.
  16. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

That is why I haven’t ordered a new jacket from them since my brand new Bootlegger zipper broke four years ago. I bought the Type 3 from Thurston last year only because it had buttons.

roadking04, Lebowski, Psant25 and 2 others like this.
  17. Tom71

Tom71 A-List Customer

I swear it’s an Iron Heart IHJ-35...o_O

18. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

It does look a bit like a Comet but there’s nothing wrong with that, the Comet is probably one of Vanson’s very best patterns.

19. Monitor

Monitor

Mustang CR

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

marker2037, jeo, sweetfights and 20 others like this.
  20. JMax

Better shots of the Trojan.

T.jpg T2.jpg

marker2037, jeo, Whitters and 20 others like this.