Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

ai00344

One of the Regulars

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Seb I dont recall seeing any photos of your jacket collection as "worn down under" ?
Either I have missed them OR it's my "early onset Alzheimers" again !

Your faculties are fine - I post pics occasionally.

Just for you, Cobber, here's a 3/4 jacket I have been wearing - a heavy steerhide jacket for our cold winter. Made by Lee of Mars Leathers in 1989 I think. Based on an archive pattern they had from the 1950's.

Mars1.jpg

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Your faculties are fine - I post pics occasionally.

Just for you, Cobber, here's a 3/4 jacket I have been wearing - a heavy steerhide jacket for our cold winter. Made by Lee of Mars Leathers in 1989 I think. Based on an archive pattern they had from the 1950's.

View attachment 253363

Now you're talking. I had 2 Mars centre zipper collared jackets , both really lovely a black and a really dark brown.
In the style of my Eastman Luftwaffe , brass hardware etc etc. BUT in my experience it is hard to pick the size right on Mars jackets. I got them on Gumtree from the same eastern states seller , sold as L/XL , like new even tho' they'd be well older than 10 years. (An XL Schott fits me !)
They DROWNED me so off they went to a "more solid" mate of mine.
$100 Aussie each to him . no profit sought, I had paid $200 for both delivered to Perth. No photos sorry...

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Simmons Bilt Nebraska in black goat today . Met my daughter over at the coast for morning coffee on her way home from her 3am to 10am shift at the Perth airport where she is a nurse on the COVID-19 screening team.
Yeah yeah , same old Indian Ocean. A wee bit of an "Easy Rider" theme going on here.
Sunnies are the Peter Fonda Bausch & Lomb Ray Ban L0255's as he wore in the seminal movie.
Actually on the Harley they let way too much wind in the eyes , I usually only wear them in the car !

Simmons Bilt Nebrasaka Sorrento 12th august 2020.jpg

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
7.2 lbs JL Horween overdye, I consider it is a mid-weight cross zip jacket, feel quite substantial, fits me perfectly,leather is heavy but buttery soft.
View attachment 253243 View attachment 253244 View attachment 253245 View attachment 253246 View attachment 253247 View attachment 253248

View attachment 253345
Is your jacket for Johnson leathers? I saw one like yours at JL last week in HH overdye, sweat jacket, perfect fit. I was told 3.25 to 3.5 OZ.
Edit I just noticed the JL label. Who needs Lost Words

Last edited:

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Simmons Bilt Nebraska in black goat today . Met my daughter over at the coast for morning coffee on her way home from her 3am to 10am shift at the Perth airport where she is a nurse on the COVID-19 screening team.
Yeah yeah , same old Indian Ocean. A wee bit of an "Easy Rider" theme going on here.
Sunnies are the Peter Fonda Bausch & Lomb Ray Ban L0255's as he wore in the seminal movie.
Actually on the Harley they let way too much wind in the eyes , I usually only wear them in the car !

View attachment 253375
I never get tired of viewing the Indian Ocean. BTY you jackets are bad either LOL

Hh121

Banned
Is your jacket for Johnson leathers? I saw one like yours at JL last week in HH overdye, sweat jacket, perfect fit. I was told 3.25 to 3.5 OZ.
Edit I just noticed the JL label. Who needs Lost Words
Is Alan back from vacation? I wonder if he is still in charge of all the custom work.

MichaelRhB

One of the Regulars
There will be no jacket wearing here for at least, the very least, another month or more.

Dewpoints are in the sweltering 70°'s with temps approaching 90°F. A tee shirt or light, cotton Hawaiian shirt, or thin Sunspel polo is about all I can tolerate this time of the year in the Midwest.

Hh121

Banned
I worked with Damon at JL this most recent custom jacket. I have been very impressed. Lot of knowledge and great customer service
thanks, is that means Alan was not involved with your jacket making? Damon is great but I really want have a jacket made by Alan.

Psant25

One Too Many
thanks, is that means Alan was not involved with your jacket making? Damon is great but I really want have a jacket made by Alan.
I cannot say for sure, but all emails and phone calls were with damon. I believe there are a couple people that actually make the jackets. I worked with alan on 4-5 custom jackets. I do not think he was involved at all in the actual production/construction. I could be wrong. I got some production shots of my mc500. One person was taking pic (damon) and there were two people sewing at different stations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points