Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
^^
Sans fringes and after sex conversion surgery...that jacket needs its own thread, with before and after pics. These were two major surgeries. Looks great.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Many thanks! I would have never previously thought about the wax/oil transfer but there was one RRL jacket I saw in person a few years back that was extremely oily. Any idea on Pit to pit / shoulder for the size Med or Large?

^^
Sans fringes and after sex conversion surgery...that jacket needs its own thread, with before and after pics. These were two major surgeries. Looks great.
This is actually a second Kehoe jacket. I bought it with the intention of splicing with the other one...not sure though. I love the J-100 back panel on the other one, but prefer the collar and front of this one. Both are similar hide, so it’s possible to swap parts I think.

Hh121

Banned
Aero
AC4D1A90-D5C3-4FDF-BC7C-342C32A9CEFC.jpeg

3AA3A043-26F1-4E64-A738-9E50423E9747.jpeg

Last edited:

Peckinpah

New in Town
I wasn't sure where to post this, and I didn't want to open a thread in the wrong part of the forum just for a question/help/pointers. Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Hi all!
I've been lurking these forums for quite awhile now and I've finally decided to sign up!

I have been saving for an Aero Highwayman jacket for roughly over a year now, and I have finally got the funds together to go ahead and order one. Holly was kind enough to send me some samples and the Tumbled Brown Horsehide is the one I have decided to go for. However the last few days I have been looking at the Brown FQHH sample more and more. So perhaps some more time should be spent considering my options.

I own a couple of leather jackets, however, they are off the peg ones from Levi's and Wrangler. I have never purchased a jacket like this before, so I am a little nervous about making a mistake with what I ask for. I am just looking for some insight from people who wear these jackets.

My main issue is regarding the linings. Initially I had decided that I would go for the Cotton Sateen Black Lining (there was no option for Brown on the site) for the body and sleeves. Basically, I am looking for the lining that is the least likely to make me sweaty, haha. Both my Wrangler and Levi's jackets have Sateen linings and I have never had any issue with them, well not so far anyway!

However browsing these forums I did happen to notice a discussion regarding the Heavy Duty Cotton Drill linings. For someone like myself who is uncomfortable with heavy woollen linings what would you recommend? Would Cotton Sateen be the one to go for, for the body and sleeves? Would it be durable? Or should I choose The Cotton Drill for the body and Cotton Sateen for the Sleeves? Or the body and sleeves to be Cotton Drill?
What are some of your experiences with the aforementioned linings?

I would like this jacket to be suitable for Summer and Winter wear, I tend to layer up in the winter anyway, but not by a whole lot. Mostly just a heavier shirt. My general attire for most of the year consists of a T-shirt and a Levi's/Wrangler long sleeved shirt over it. Would Cotton Drill in the sleeves be uncomfortable if I am wearing a long sleeved denim shirt or even a slightly heavier cotton shirt?

I think I've covered the main issue with what is preventing me from placing the order, at the moment.
For the zippers I'm going with Antique Brass.
Storm Cuffs I am going for the option without them.

I like the standard button cuffs that come with the highwayman, but am open to suggestions there. Am I correct in thinking that the standard button cuffs are generally correct to the time period that jacket first appeared? If that is the case I would rather keep the standard button cuffs.

Other than the lining issue it's just now down to measuring myself for the jacket, which I haven't done yet. Holly gave me pointers on how to and what to measure, anyway. So, I think I am safe with that.

Apologies for the length of this post and the stupid questions!

I appreciate any pointers and recommendations you guys have.

Cheers!

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Many thanks! I would have never previously thought about the wax/oil transfer but there was one RRL jacket I saw in person a few years back that was extremely oily. Any idea on Pit to pit / shoulder for the size Med or Large?
Nope. I did measure the Small, though. Shoulder width is 18, p2p is 21, sleeve is 25. Add inch to these to get M???

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I wasn't sure where to post this, and I didn't want to open a thread in the wrong part of the forum just for a question/help/pointers. Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Hi all!
I've been lurking these forums for quite awhile now and I've finally decided to sign up!

I have been saving for an Aero Highwayman jacket for roughly over a year now, and I have finally got the funds together to go ahead and order one. Holly was kind enough to send me some samples and the Tumbled Brown Horsehide is the one I have decided to go for. However the last few days I have been looking at the Brown FQHH sample more and more. So perhaps some more time should be spent considering my options.

I own a couple of leather jackets, however, they are off the peg ones from Levi's and Wrangler. I have never purchased a jacket like this before, so I am a little nervous about making a mistake with what I ask for. I am just looking for some insight from people who wear these jackets.

My main issue is regarding the linings. Initially I had decided that I would go for the Cotton Sateen Black Lining (there was no option for Brown on the site) for the body and sleeves. Basically, I am looking for the lining that is the least likely to make me sweaty, haha. Both my Wrangler and Levi's jackets have Sateen linings and I have never had any issue with them, well not so far anyway!

However browsing these forums I did happen to notice a discussion regarding the Heavy Duty Cotton Drill linings. For someone like myself who is uncomfortable with heavy woollen linings what would you recommend? Would Cotton Sateen be the one to go for, for the body and sleeves? Would it be durable? Or should I choose The Cotton Drill for the body and Cotton Sateen for the Sleeves? Or the body and sleeves to be Cotton Drill?

I would like this jacket to be suitable for Summer and Winter wear, I tend to layer up in the winter anyway, but not by a whole lot. Mostly just a heavier shirt. My general attire for most of the year consists of a T-shirt and a Levi's/Wrangler long sleeved shirt over it. Would Cotton Drill in the sleeves be uncomfortable if I am wearing a long sleeved denim shirt or even a slightly heavier cotton shirt?

I think I've covered the main issue with what is preventing me from placing the order, at the moment.

I like the standard button cuffs that come with the highwayman, but am open to suggestions there. Am I correct in thinking that the standard button cuffs are generally correct to the time period that jacket first appeared? If that is the case I would rather keep the standard button cuffs.

Other than the lining issue it's just now down to measuring myself for the jacket, which I haven't done yet. Holly gave me pointers on how to and what to measure, anyway. So, I think I am safe with that.

Cheers!
you better make a thread for this or create a poll if you want to know what other people prefer clearly, otherwise replies would be lost and hard to find.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab

Hi all!

Cheers!

Good luck with the order, man. I think you are pretty much decided with what you want. I had cotton drill for an aero before and I would have liked satin sleeves just for ease for donning on/off. The brown cxl is also nice, also research the jerky HH if you want a mid weight jacket option.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would buy them if I had a shop where I could try on different models and sizes. For me online it's too risky for the price.
No need to worry, free returns is included with all purchases, just notify them and they will email you a UPS label to mail the item back. I know this can be annoying but it has given me the confidence to buy many things from IH knowing I will not be stuck with a bad fit.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
So the BK leather is designed to show accelerated wear, got it. Thanks for the info and sharing. There's a liberty HH at the classifieds so I'm guessing it's going to have the same effect huh

The Dodger certainly did. I had a Liberty A2 which did the same. Here is an album of that jacket. There are pictures of it new and when sold. There are a couple of original Monarch jackets in the album.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XbadbAfq8CiWRowy8

I do not know if the Current Liberty horsehide jackets wear like those did and do. Both of those jackets are 6-7 years old.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
The collar is nice feature on the Californian. Much, much lighter leather than a LW. Here is a couple of albums of the ELMC. It was a very vintage feeling jacket, since I have many vintage jackets I let it go. This has been a few years back. This was an older one, so not sure how it compares to their current jackets in fit, finish or leathers. The jacket I owned had some sort of process done to it as I recall. Something to crease the sleeves, distress it. Factory work as I recall

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NnRhX1auRwjc3ERN2

https://goo.gl/photos/e8CkdaWhjRtsUESd6
Eastman calls it their 'time worn' finish.
https://www.eastmanleather.com/content/32-time-worn

The amount of 'time worm' actually differs from one jacket to the other.

Personally I would rather have the jacket without the treatment, because the leather ages beautifully on its own. Doesn't need any help :
F7A21326-A874-421E-8000-2D74F6C4FF9A.jpeg

Jrolfe

A-List Customer
Thanks man. Yes this is Aeros cafe racer with a “board racer” collar. It also has added sleeve length & body length from standard sizing. To be perfectly tailored to me I would widen the shoulders slightly and brought the waist in a bit for a true tight racer look, but I still love this jacket! The feel of the cxl hh is very different from any others I’ve ever felt. Much softer and pliable.
great fit. THat's the "regular" cafe racer, not board racer right? I got the Sheene which is based on the Cafe because my body type is more V. Hoping mine breaks in and fits as good as yours.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo