Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
This is Vanson x Iron&Resin rider executed in 14-oz waxed cotton the UPS-man brought me a few minutes ago - couple of quick shots. The jacket was posted in the Finds and Deals thread by @JMax (thanks!). I am wearing size S. It weighs a respectable 3 lbs and I love it. Check out the massive #8 YKK Vanson 2-way zipper (the size of my thumb!), a deerskin collar liner, heavy duty snaps, bellows pockets. Lining only in the back, not up front or in the sleeves. No matter. Iron and Resin is blowing them out at 50% MSRP on fleabay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Iron-Resin...488755?hash=item3dabde7833:g:f9cAAOSwA1tfbTPd

DSC_0276.JPG

DSC_0278.JPG

Last edited:
This is Vanson x Iron&Resin rider executed in 14-oz waxed cotton the UPS-man brought me a few minutes ago - couple of quick shots. The jacket was posted in the Finds and Deals thread by @JMax (thanks!). I am wearing size S. It weighs a respectable 3 lbs and I love it. Check out the massive #8 YKK Vanson 2-way zipper (the size of my thumb!), a deerskin collar liner, heavy duty snaps. Lining only in the back, not up front or in the sleeves. No matter. Iron and Resin is blowing them out at 50% MSRP on fleabay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Iron-Resin...488755?hash=item3dabde7833:g:f9cAAOSwA1tfbTPd

View attachment 266383

View attachment 266384

Dammit. I had unwatched the ad on eBay. To avoid temptation. Back I go to take another look.

Everything looks awesome.

thor

One Too Many
B8061460-59B7-4364-AAF4-42E320F1EA09.jpeg
754DB6B8-C0FF-43D9-BF3B-A22946CE74EA.jpeg

Just picked up this US Wings bison leather Indy jacket off the ‘Bay at a great price. Nearly new condition.
I was searching for a non-military everyday leather jacket that still had a bit of a “cool” factor and this is perfect. The bison leather is thick, supple, grainy as hell and the overall jacket workmanship is superb.
Fit is spot on.
Really stoked to start wearing this now that the autumn weather has arrived!

Last edited:

Hh121

Banned
View attachment 266382 View attachment 266385
Just picked up this US Wings bison leather Indy jacket off the ‘Bay at a great price. Nearly new condition.
I was searching for a non-military everyday leather jacket that still had a bit of a “cool” factor and this is perfect. The bison is thick, supple, grainy as hell and the fit is perfect.
Really stoked to start wearing this now that the autumn weather has arrived!
great pick up, I had this jacket for few days, the collar was extremely stiff.

This is Vanson x Iron&Resin rider executed in 14-oz waxed cotton the UPS-man brought me a few minutes ago - couple of quick shots. The jacket was posted in the Finds and Deals thread by @JMax (thanks!). I am wearing size S. It weighs a respectable 3 lbs and I love it. Check out the massive #8 YKK Vanson 2-way zipper (the size of my thumb!), a deerskin collar liner, heavy duty snaps, bellows pockets. Lining only in the back, not up front or in the sleeves. No matter. Iron and Resin is blowing them out at 50% MSRP on fleabay.

View attachment 266383

View attachment 266384

Really nice jacket!

The coolest!

deswaaf

One of the Regulars
I recall a thread on the Dodger. I will have to find it. It is the "easy off" finish. Not a slam, I love the jacket. The accelerated aging is really quite well done. I have some pics of this Liberty HH and Eastman Californian side by side. Both very interesting jacket finishes. Both well done, but very different end effect.

View attachment 266223

Eastman Californian Walnut Brwn.

View attachment 266224

That Eastman looks to be ageing beautifully, how old is it approx? I dig the look of those collars on the Californian and the newer Highwaystar. How would you describe the leather thickness/feel of their jackets compared to Lost Worlds? Looks much lighter, right?

marker2037

Practically Family
Really nice jacket!

The coolest!
Thanks! I have to say that this jacket has gone from something where I wasn't sure I could wear it/pull it off casually/non-riding (I do ride, but not now and here in my current country. Ducati Streetfighter 848 and Triumph Tiger 800 in storage in my NJ house) to "I f-in love this look and fit!". Even the color; I'm a brown guy typically.

It helps that it has softened and molded to me more. It was pretty stiff when I got it so I wore in at night on my couch, got it wet on the sleeves, sat on it, rolled it up, walked on it, etc., all while the wifey slept lol.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Any signs that the oil cloth wax treatment in the fabric will leach through the unlined front? If you could try a test with a brown paper bag that would be a huge help. Maybe I’ll pick one of these up if any mediums remain.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Referring to this Vanson...

View attachment 266383

View attachment 266384

marker2037

Practically Family
Any signs that the oil cloth wax treatment in the fabric will leach through the unlined front? If you could try a test with a brown paper bag that would be a huge help. Maybe I’ll pick one of these up if any mediums remain.
I wouldn't worry about that in any waxed canvas jacket. I own a few completely unlined ones like the Rouge Territory Supply jacket and a Thedi shawl collar.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
That Eastman looks to be ageing beautifully, how old is it approx? I dig the look of those collars on the Californian and the newer Highwaystar. How would you describe the leather thickness/feel of their jackets compared to Lost Worlds? Looks much lighter, right?

The collar is nice feature on the Californian. Much, much lighter leather than a LW. Here is a couple of albums of the ELMC. It was a very vintage feeling jacket, since I have many vintage jackets I let it go. This has been a few years back. This was an older one, so not sure how it compares to their current jackets in fit, finish or leathers. The jacket I owned had some sort of process done to it as I recall. Something to crease the sleeves, distress it. Factory work as I recall

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NnRhX1auRwjc3ERN2

https://goo.gl/photos/e8CkdaWhjRtsUESd6

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I recall a thread on the Dodger. I will have to find it. It is the "easy off" finish. Not a slam, I love the jacket. The accelerated aging is really quite well done. I have some pics of this Liberty HH and Eastman Californian side by side. Both very interesting jacket finishes. Both well done, but very different end effect.

View attachment 266223

Eastman Californian Walnut Brwn.

View attachment 266224

So the BK leather is designed to show accelerated wear, got it. Thanks for the info and sharing. There's a liberty HH at the classifieds so I'm guessing it's going to have the same effect huh

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Don't have a brown paper bag, but I rolled up a yellow manila envelope and stuck it inside the sleeve, so it is in close contact with the fabric. Will report tomorrow if there is any wax transfer. But generally I would not worry too much - these types of waxed garments are quite popular in the UK and Australia, and if the wax leaching was a problem you'd probably find via a Google search.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm