Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
This was yesturday, but about the same - using our local body of water as a backdrop. Nice to have the Mississippi right close.

DSC_0124.JPG

Sadly I can’t return as these are all custom made. It’s definitely tight but I think too soon to tell how much it will ease up. The other bummer is that even the largest size they have would probably be too trim in the sleeves. I think that’s just how they are made. Feels ok in the chest, just too snug in the sleeves.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
This is probably the best fitting jacket I've seen on you. Well done.
Thank you sir - I agree with this indeed. Carrie at Thurston Brothers knows how to fit a person. (Shameless plug!) :)

It's caused me to start questioning one prominent member of my jacket family with a bit different dimension of fit - that could go up for sale. Humm...

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rainy day nylon Schott. Rest is always the same but this jacket is great for when it's raining. Warm, too. Basically a textile 689.

20201015-150516.jpg

Got a Nylon Schott Nixon for winter, European line as far as I know, made in the land of smiles. Outer shell is nicely tough but not tightly enough woven or sealed so the inner padding starts „creeping through“. Not bad anyway, Mr. Bezos asked just 60,- bucks for it.

EC24_7673_FA.jpg

Even if a person never lifted so much as a pencil...these are drain pipe sleeves!
View attachment 271034

These sleeves look pretty tight indeed. Have no idea what the designers have in mind, developing a workers jacket and so many other stuff with sleeves to fit an undernourished schoolboy.

Even if a person never lifted so much as a pencil...these are drain pipe sleeves!
View attachment 271034

These indeed do seem too narrow, at least in the upper part of the sleeve. What's it called, biceps area?
Got a Nylon Schott Nixon for winter, European line as far as I know, made in the land of smiles. Outer shell is nicely tough but not tightly enough woven or sealed so the inner padding starts „creeping through“. Not bad anyway, Mr. Bezos asked just 60,- bucks for it.

EC24_7673_FA.jpg

These sleeves look pretty tight indeed. Have no idea what the designers have in mind, developing a workers jacket and so many other stuff with sleeves to fit an undernourished schoolboy.

Lol, land of smiles. Mine is proudly made in the US of A. I got mine from this chick who was asking $15 for it. It was listed as a woman's jacket in a "pearl" green color. Had to lie I was gettin' it for my girlfriend. Wanted to sell it right away but I just like it too much.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Latest after this coming winter that Schott will go to the Red Cross anyway. The Pike Brothers N-1 is going to replace it, which is not that Far East made, in the land of Baklavas...:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner