Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Mich486

One Too Many
Black on black grizzly

983420A5-94B3-43A6-A960-003EF66B853D.jpeg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Jeez this is depressing, but I'm starting to think you are right. Sliming the torso won't help with the sleeves. I think they should have sized me down one. I don't understand why they are so secretive about their sizing when this sort of thing could happen. That said, when I look at the size chart (https://standardandstrange.com/products/black-deerskin-double-riders-jacket) that SxS used for this jacket, that chest looks to be 3" less than mine. Is it possible they were intending to make me a size 38 and did a 40 by mistake? I emailed them yesterday to see what can be done and am still waiting on a response.
I'm sorry man, but unzipped like on your last pic, the jacket is way too big everywhere including the cuff, especially on the chest, to me a size even maybe 2 size down from that would look a lot better on you, maybe if you just don't think about it and wear it often then eventually it will sag and form you just fine, will create different look, probably will have creases everywhere from the roomy fit and create unique look. but brand new like that it looks big.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Was hoping I'd get to wear the Aero B3 I bought on the classifieds a handful of times a year out here in Los Angeles because I heard it was basically like a pizza oven. No doubt. But weather has dipped into the 40's at night past few days and it's become the perfect dog walking jacket. In 20-30 minute bursts, it's very comfortable and makes me immune to the "cold" (I know, we thin skinned out here on the left coast). Was always on my bucket list, so glad I pulled the trigger. But no doubt will be a limited purpose for me.

WRPWxrl.jpg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
+1, not all measurements mean the same thing on different patterns.
If the pattern is cleverly designed you could have narrow shoulders and still maintain great range of motion.
If the pattern sucks, giving wider shoulders is a good way to help range of motion, but it might not help at all.

This jacket for example has 20.5" shoulders, and 23.5" pit to pit, both measurements are slightly oversized for me, still it is unwearable, you can't reach up, you can't reach forward, it's a crap pattern...

X2Rz3Fs.jpg

You could have one jacket with 20" shoulders that feels tight, and one jacket with 19" shoulders that feel amazing.
to me slightly oversize gives me the worse range of movement in jacket and pants alike, actually I move more freely when the jacket fit snug, or totally loose fit.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Was hoping I'd get to wear the Aero B3 I bought on the classifieds a handful of times a year out here in Los Angeles because I heard it was basically like a pizza oven. No doubt. But weather has dipped into the 40's at night past few days and it's become the perfect dog walking jacket. In 20-30 minute bursts, it's very comfortable and makes me immune to the "cold" (I know, we thin skinned out here on the left coast). Was always on my bucket list, so glad I pulled the trigger. But no doubt will be a limited purpose for me.

WRPWxrl.jpg

That looks great on you, enjoy it while it's cold down there.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Clothing I've sold. I used to hang on to all the stuff I bought, simply because I hardly wear out any clothes and I felt it was a pity to let go of stuff that's like new. But at some point I realized I had so much stuff talking up closet space while I only wear a fraction of it. A year ago I decided to start selling and since I've sold almost half of my closet.
I use to money to buy new stuff hehe.

Clothing I've sold. I used to hang on to all the stuff I bought, simply because I hardly wear out any clothes and I felt it was a pity to let go of stuff that's like new. But at some point I realized I had so much stuff talking up closet space while I only wear a fraction of it. A year ago I decided to start selling and since I've sold almost half of my closet.
I use to money to buy new stuff hehe.

Haha, oh, sorry then, I thought it's a new jacket or something.

Coincidentally, I've just yesterday left two full bags of near new pants and hoodies and shirts at a good will stand. It's all already gone today. I hope someone will find some use out of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24