Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Albe64

One of the Regulars
Great overall outfit and nice picture. Indeed white is a very rare colour here on TFL. Jacket fits and suits you very well!
Thank you! You are absolutely right...I never thought about a white leather jacket until I saw a photo of David Himel with this amazing jacket and then...I HAD to have it! By the way, the man is amazing and the product is absolutely outstanding. I like the jackets on the fit side (sometimes, very fit) so, with the bespoke service of Himel everything was perfect..

Twit

One of the Regulars
Thank you! You are absolutely right...I never thought about a white leather jacket until I saw a photo of David Himel with this amazing jacket and then...I HAD to have it! By the way, the man is amazing and the product is absolutely outstanding. I like the jackets on the fit side (sometimes, very fit) so, with the bespoke service of Himel everything was perfect..

That's a cool jacket, mind you a white jacket on a bike must be pretty bug splatted by the end of the day / week! Nice heritage as well! My bikes have been in the garage for what seems like weeks now, alongside the (nice) car... Roll on the spring, autumn and now the start of winter seems especially dank here this year!

Albe64

One of the Regulars
That's a cool jacket, mind you a white jacket on a bike must be pretty bug splatted by the end of the day / week! Nice heritage as well! My bikes have been in the garage for what seems like weeks now, alongside the (nice) car... Roll on the spring, autumn and now the start of winter seems especially dank here this year!
Thank you. For riding I usually use an old Perfecto but sometimes I like to offer some air to the Himel...surely the white color needs some special care and attention, but I like the way it's aging and getting dirty

willyto

One Too Many
Today and yesterday.

Himel Intrepid for the cold days 6-13 Celsius and I don’t feel a thing. The reversible detail and the wool/corduroy is amazing. Unfortunately I think that being reversible makes it more snug and I could have sized up at the time to be able to layer or button it all up without it being too snug in the bottom.

Wearing only a work shirt underneath and I am not cold so not sure how necessary layering would have been. It is a snug fit and I recognise it.

EF886870-65D1-4074-8F42-3EDA58FACC87.jpeg
4A2CA365-5582-4187-896C-BABCCD6618E1.jpeg

Lewis Leathers Universal MK2 which is the most comfortable jacket to ride in my bike. It’s snug in the bottom because it’s a bit too long for me. Has plenty of room in the chest/shoulders and has mobility. I don’t know how Lewis Leathers do it but they know what they do for riding.

3DADAB43-2053-4A2C-B589-F7E5DAB6CEF4.jpeg
17E71D52-988E-4D01-8274-2DAC2C9D1BE1.jpeg

Mich486

One Too Many
Today and yesterday.

Himel Intrepid for the cold days 6-13 Celsius and I don’t feel a thing. The reversible detail and the wool/corduroy is amazing. Unfortunately I think that being reversible makes it more snug and I could have sized up at the time to be able to layer or button it all up without it being too snug in the bottom.

Wearing only a work shirt underneath and I am not cold so not sure how necessary layering would have been. It is a snug fit and I recognise it.

View attachment 287440 View attachment 287441

Lewis Leathers Universal MK2 which is the most comfortable jacket to ride in my bike. It’s snug in the bottom because it’s a bit too long for me. Has plenty of room in the chest/shoulders and has mobility. I don’t know how Lewis Leathers do it but they know what they do for riding.

View attachment 287437 View attachment 287438

Cool jackets! What are the jeans? That’s the golden fit for me.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
I missed @Albe64 join timing, and credit is definitely due!

Also meant to ask, do you tend to wear darker colors under your white jacket? Here I see what appears to be all black or navy.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Got my Cal today from one of John's sales. The 42L cross zip one.

I know from reading some of the many great posts here, there's a few where you see people talking about their epiphany jacket. Well, include me in that group now. Absolutely love this thing and question why I need so many other jackets now. Overall build. Pattern. Just stylish, comfortable, sleek, and is everything I think about when I think about a motorcycle, rock n roll kind of jacket. Wish it were another .25-.5 inch in the waist and bottom hem, but considering it's been stuffed in a box for a week and a little on the dry side, I'm hoping some conditioner and airing out will give it a little more wiggle. Worse case, it'll be tshirt and unzipped, or straight out lose 5 pounds because I'm never giving this thing up. And yeah, the sleeves could be another .5 as well. But as the saying goes, if you can zip it, it fits. Going to see if I can get a sheepskin collar at Cal. They're actually like half hour away from me. Never realized that.

Also, thinking about taking out the side lacing. It's stretched to the max, so kind of draws attention there I think. Might be more natural looking without them. Let me know what you think.

JzjBwuF.jpg
DAcjMzC.jpg
fDLH8Ha.jpg
9Sa2Bz4.jpg
PcTldxG.jpg

Great jacket!
Unfortunately, I must scold you on these photos. TSK,TSK!
You've gone and broken every Fedora Lounge rule with these...
Next time, please crop out the un-tucked shirt, sweatpants, bare feet, dirty mirror, clothes hamper, and unmade bed!
We have certain standards! You can leave the dog.
Thanks for your consideration- the management :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk