Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Great style and you wear it with ease!

Since I lack the same cultural context, the first thing that comes to my mind is a cool steampunk / engineer vibe. Definitely not some "grandpa" jacket if it falls into that category for your better half. How many of these vintage Swedish jackets do you still have in your rotation?

Thanks buddy! Nah, this one she actually likes haha!
I never thought about it that way, but now that you said it, it does have a sort of futuristic steampunk vibe to it, almost like one of the creations of @navetsea
I actually only have this one and the black collared “grandpa jacket” but I’m always on the lookout for more basically. These older Swedish goat jackets can usually be had pretty cheap (100-200 usd) and the goat is usually pretty amazing. Really thick, like cxl thick, but way softer and with super nice grain and drape.
I remember seeing a while back that some Japanese manufacturer had done a repro of this exact jacket. Sadly can’t remember the name of the company or who posted about it.

They’re called “brewer’s tailcoat”, I guess cause they were common workwear in the brewery’s back in the day. Guy in the back in the center seems to wear the same type of jacket, although I’m not sure if it’s leather or fabric:

7964CC64-F9A7-47CB-8773-014E097245BA.jpeg

I also found an old product pic from the company who made my jacket, looks like the style had already become somewhat of a fashion thing by then:

B2452FCB-253E-4148-839C-5866CAEB70F4.jpeg

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I never find one in my size (38) but plenty on bigger sizes. They're a fantastic style!

I’ll pm you if I see any!

Edit: just wanted to add that my size 50 (40 UK/US sizes) has 54 cm p2p so it’s a rather tight fit.

Last edited:

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
Unfortunately the pattern doesn't match my stature/posture. It may be because the pattern matches the posture when riding a motorcycle. The rotation of the sleeves is too far forward for me. When I let my arms hang down, the sleeve pulls back and the part in front of the chest becomes tense. This creates permanent tension on the front of the shoulders. The tension can also be seen visually and is reinforced by the fact that the material above the breast pockets is not doubled, as is the case with the breast pockets.
The length is 2 cm too short for my pants style.
I've come to terms with the fact that I usually only wear the jacket open. Closed in the home office in the hope that the part above the breast pockets will stretch a bit ;)
And with my measurements the jacket is unsoldable lol

My normal posture:
View attachment 289409
View attachment 289406
View attachment 289410
Pattern friendly posture:
View attachment 289407
View attachment 289408

The leather is an absolute dream. Not too thick, but still a bit stiff, good grain, great smell, great color. Really amazing.
After looking at the pics an reading your experience with the fit it is easy to agree with you Mr. Proper. I see the tension in the pic and that length is a preference one that isnt mine, is it yours? Imho Having a jacket that you can only wear unzipped to feel comfortable in is a no go. Unfortunately I will bet that you selling this one is inevitable. If it was me I would mentally come to terms with it and then post it! You can use the money to build another, any style, any hide, hardware, almost any maker. Enjoy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21