Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
The Nordic Walking Sticks are definitely not a thing here in the US. I've only witnessed their use only in the EU & South Korea, quite bizarre to me as on each occasion the terrain did not seem to call for such equipment whatsoever. I've climbed Kilimanjaro & no one used them there, LOL. Carried a Maasai fimbo instead.
For those who don't know about Nordic Walking. It's going for a walk through the city with a pair of expensive carbon fiber sticks in hands. Unisex jackets are a prerequisite.
41A19BF7-6F13-4DD6-89E1-8E0BB2341642.jpeg

Seems to be a thing among middle aged women.

For those who don't know about Nordic Walking. It's going for a walk through the city with a pair expensive carbon fiber sticks in hands. Unisex jackets are a prerequisite.
View attachment 297333

I've seen people do it here as well. I don't think they do it right. They just lightly touch the ground with the sticks. What possible use could that do?

dubpynchon

One Too Many
For those who don't know about Nordic Walking. It's going for a walk through the city with a pair of expensive carbon fiber sticks in hands. Unisex jackets are a prerequisite.
View attachment 297333
I can understand using these hillwalking, I never have but I've heard they can be useful, but not walking down a city street? Maybe it helps with balance as @El Marro says but still...

jeo

One Too Many
Went to Franklin and Poe today with the intention of buying a pair of jeans. No jeans, instead I bought this Dehen flyer's club jacket. A little on the large side, but that's ok as I intend to use this as a winter jacket that I can layer a bunch underneath. This jacket is pretty sweet!

IMG-6131.jpg
IMG-6133.jpg

On a different note, I also got the chance to try on a FCL Leon Custom in a size 38. Man their sizes are weird! The 38 was very tight in the shoulders and chest but a little long in the body and too long in the sleeves, which is crazy as I've never been a 38 in anything in my life! Last year I tried on the Leon the Norstar in size 38 which fit me pretty well in the shoulders and chest (not as tight as the leon custom) but way too long in the body and sleeves. Also the Leon custom is made in a lighter leather, 1.2 - 1.3 mm according to the guy who was there. He had his own personal Leon the Norstar there and it's a much thicker leather. Not sure if it's the 2mm they advertise, but man is it thick! I didn't remember it being that thick when I tried it on last year.

And for anyone who is interested, the guy there said that FCL may be stopping producing leather jackets for a while (although he also said that he's heard different things from different people that stock their jackets who have received communications from them so you never know)

He also said that The Flat Head are going to be back in full swing so that's pretty exciting.

Happy New Year everyone! May it bring jacket contentedness haha!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner