Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

willyto

One Too Many
I haven't paid full price for my Eastman ones either. They're very expensive and they have raised prices over the years just because of Brexit looks like and when the pound took a hit so it feels a rather inflated price for the same quality product.

My two 3/4 lenght leather coats have small issues though. A Thread on the shoulder of the black one came loose and a leather button in the sleeve cuff of the brown one just broke off yesterday because it was very dry and brittle(The rest seem a bit dry too so I will condition).

I don't feel as bad as I didn't pay full price though, I just hope the leather buttons don't start falling off and the shoulder seam doesn't get worse. Otherwise I would have to send it to Eastman for repairs.

Last edited:

Motocann

One Too Many
^^ Yes. They are still operating. I have been to one of their factories in Kewanee, IL. For some time, until recently, they had a "factory store" there, however it seems to be closed now.

Their older products - such as your nice CR, are pretty decent. Newer ones were iffy in terms of quality.
To be honest, I don't know what to do with this jacket... I've had it so long. I'd like to bring it to someone to do some repairs. I'm thinking maybe Johnson Leathers?

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Mid week Harley ride. "Genuine" USA made 2006 HD branded Denim jacket today , for our 35C homeward leg.
Usual "burger" stop photo at the Peppermint trees.
Hidden snap down collar and relatively tight closing sleeves on this , a "proper" motorcycle denim jacket.
Tagged size "L" or large.

HD DENIM TRUCKER 7.jpg

Fonzie

One Too Many
View attachment 300506
Christmas came very early this year:p
Not one but two ELMC Californians were delivered today.

Both are second hand. The black one is unworn and the American Walnut is in gently worn condition, I would rate it 98/100.

Both are slightly heavier than the one I sold a year ago. I guess the one I sold was made from a thinner batch of hh because it was 1.8 kg. These are both approximately 2.5 kg.

The one I sold (left) was almost seal brown and featured tan contrast stitching. The new American Walnut (right) looks more like chocolate brown and features brown stitching.
View attachment 300511
Congrats on the ELMC’s they are awesome, I love my Havana brown one too, but I must say that the walnut brown that you sold is probably the nicest one I’ve seen, the depth of color was incredible on that one.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
By popular vote, it has been decided, the hat experiment has failed.

If you don't try you don't know, right? :)
Wise decision :) I tried it either in the past and my wife said that I can wear the hat and go out alone....tbh it looked really bad on me whereas it looks much better on you but it makes you look older IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ