Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I ordered with two chest pockets only, as I quite like a clean look with a Café Racer. Not entirely sure if that was the right choice with this particular iteration, as indeed is now VERY reduced.

I just think it's much better with the two breast pockets. I should have taken mine too. The jacket falls much better with the thinner leather. I also ordered my new Aero with only two breast pockets.

Sleeve-zipper configuration is modified in that the zipper is elongated and has a little metal pin for show at the upper end (“The Manhattan” style). I am undecided what to think about that.

Not mine. For my taste it is something that has no recognizable function and somehow ... well I don't like it. Fortunately, however, taste is different.

Predominant issue is length. I specified the back at 25,5” as I didn’t want the jacket to run past my belt-line, but one inch more would have suited the silhouette better, IMO. It´s not that I can´t make it work as it is, the jacket would simply be more versatile with some additional body. Anyway, this is TFL not Tinder, so I am not going to lose any sleep over one inch.

It looks good in the picture. And since the jacket is long enough in the front, I think that's a good thing.

I am really happy with the main-zipper. I went for a No. 8, as I am quite done with having to fiddle with tiny (a.k.a. “period correct”) zippers on what essentially are functional items. I believe it looks good too.

Very beautiful. I especially like the puller very much

Top jacket :thumbs up:

edit: But I just see you have the same tension above the pockets as I with my FL jacket

Riu

Practically Family
Wearing my custom made jacket today, the people at the alterations shop said they managed to get the bi-swing sorted to some degree.

alter4.jpg
alter3.jpg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Hi Thomas, congrats on yet another beautiful work of art from Greg.

Esthetically, I like it much better with just the two chest pockets. I've seen other FL route 66's with added handwarmer pockets but imo they obstruct the natural lines of the jacket.

However, from my own experience I must say that having no handwarmer pockets does reduce the functionality of the jacket. I like to store my house / car keys somewhere :)

Maybe tan stitching would be more contrasting but I think blue is more special.

View attachment 305179

I don't know about you but I sit in my car a lot. The relative shorter length would make the jacket much more practical for me. But most importantly, I think it looks great on you.

I think it looks great and the extra room makes it much more versatile. I own a skintight CR but I hardly wear it. Why, because its too restrictive if I wear anything else under it but a thin t-shirt.

Again, congrats on a great jacket!

Thanks, Marc! I really appreciate your kind words. Its reassuring to hear about the lenght too. Maybe my initial issue is not really about front-lenght but about the fact that the zipper starts very high up (almost 3 inches from the bottom hem), leaving a certain gap between my trousers and the zipped jacket.I can certainly get used to that...

Regarding storage: I resolved that issue with two inside pockets (stud-closure).

dannyk

One Too Many
View attachment 305212

Ok guys I would appreciate some honest feedback. This is my latest addition. Fit is great, and the cow leather has the best character I've ever seen on a non-distressed cow leather jacket. I'm just not sure about the style in combination with the color.
As you said fit looks alright. Looks well made. I personally am not a huge fan of this style. So my opinion probably doesn’t even matter haha. Really though if it’s not something I am a big fan of, anything I say will be negative and probably not justified. Other than that though, I do think this style would look a lot better in a different color maybe a Cordovan. Someone just posted a photo of a new aero Cordovan yesterday I think it was. The type of Cordovan that has less browns and much more purples and plum color in it. I think something along those lines would suit this style a lot better. Having said that, again the style just isn’t for me to begin with. Now watch the TFL effect I’ll be posting in a month this exact style saying I love it. Then wait another month and it will be listed in the classifieds haha.

Last edited:

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I just think it's much better with the two breast pockets. I should have taken mine too. The jacket falls much better with the thinner leather. I also ordered my new Aero with only two breast pockets.

Not mine. For my taste it is something that has no recognizable function and somehow ... well I don't like it. Fortunately, however, taste is different.

It looks good in the picture. And since the jacket is long enough in the front, I think that's a good thing.

Very beautiful. I especially like the puller very much

Top jacket :thumbs up:

edit: But I just see you have the same tension above the pockets as I with my FL jacket

Thanks much!

Interesting that you should mention the stress-fold between the shoulders and the breast pockets. It´s actually a minor "Deformation" due to decades of excessive sport in younger years. I have a pretty pronounced pectoral muscle (I believe you do too...), and I had to stop buying OTR suits because of that (they would either bulge over the chest or be too wide in the shoulders). With casual jackets, I don´t mind at all. It just means that if I can zip it up over the chest, I won´t have any problems with the midsection either...

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Anyway, this is TFL not Tinder

The best line I've read here in a long while... LOL

I'm just not sure about the style in combination with the color.

Tom & Marc,
Two great jackets and fits.. If you're going to have more than 1, there is room for jackets that look and fits like these two in you're collections.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I posted this shot in another thread:
View attachment 305221
I think you could get yours a bit darker with some Obenaufs. It would probably look amazing.
I totally changed the look of my Menlo Cossack by darkening it with some conditioners.
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/tweaking-my-lvc-menlo-cossack.76403/

Which jacket is that? It looks much better than mine. I think it's the darker shade that does the trick.
Few more pics of mine. It looks like a 1:1 copy.
EDC2D72B-3FE0-4631-A2F6-1BA434767839.jpeg
C1D7F6DC-479C-4461-BEA0-9B933C147232.jpeg

It’s a Hercules. You can see where RL cut some corners, but overall it’s a great looking jacket. I think a bit darker would really be a stunner.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
It’s a Hercules. You can see where RL cut some corners, but overall it’s a great looking jacket. I think a bit darker would really be a stunner.
RL didn't use piping on the d-pocket, only stitch lines. But overall its a pretty decent copy.

I've Googled Obenaufs. Looks like it's made for the American market. Any loungers from Europe know where I can get Obenaufs, or something similar?

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
RL didn't use piping on the d-pocket, only stitch lines. But overall its a pretty decent copy.

I've Googled Obenaufs. Looks like it's made for the American market. Any loungers from Europe know where I can get Obenaufs, or something similar?

Not Obenoufs, but available around here and also pretty good:

https://www.antiqueleatherdressing.co.uk/

Didn't Iron Heart use to stock Obenaufs actually?

dannyk

One Too Many
Not Obenoufs, but available around here and also pretty good:

https://www.antiqueleatherdressing.co.uk/

Didn't Iron Heart use to stock Obenaufs actually?
I have some obenaufs but haven’t had anything that’s needed it yet. Looking forward to trying it out. But just wanted to pop in to second Pecards. Have used that on some boots and jackets in the past and it’s very solid stuff. I hear obenaufs darkens more and longer, but pecards does darken a touch; more importantly though it works very well.

Reactions: Zoo

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Which jacket is that? It looks much better than mine. I think it's the darker shade that does the trick.
Few more pics of mine. It looks like a 1:1 copy.
View attachment 305234 View attachment 305238
Looks great as is and that leather will probably darken quite a bit from exposing it to the elements. I'd probably just taking Carlos' approach and just starting with spraying it with water and see where that leads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner