Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Corky Corcovado

Practically Family
Rich Sher Steerhide Police Jacket lately, usually paired with the ubiquitous black hoody. Lovely one piece back with delightful graining throughout. Quilted lining.
IMG_20210306_084232823.jpg
IMG_20210306_084245309.jpg
IMG_20210306_084309584.jpg
IMG_20210306_084331222.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210306_084232823.jpg
    IMG_20210306_084232823.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 214
  • IMG_20210306_084245309.jpg
    IMG_20210306_084245309.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 213

TG3

One of the Regulars
It’s a bit ironic that I like this paltry H&M jacket as much as I do. Ironic and sad. Nevertheless, it is what it is. That’s my legacy. The mall jacket guy. LOL. See you at the food court or Ruby Tuesday’s, Musicland, etc...
View attachment 315892

You got me laughing out loud with this one. Well judging by the way it fits, you're fortunate to have a body type that works with OTR. I've got a few mall brand jackets myself. But from other members comments it appears all your jackets fit you well lol. Rock on at Auntie Ann's pretzels

Rich Sher and Ralph Pugh seem to almost always be beautiful and real finds. A few years ago you could find them for less than old Cals and Langlitz. Not so much anymore. Seems like the secrets out.

Secret is way out. RP jackets, unless being sold by an unwitting seller, are pricey. I’ve seen a few that were decently priced, I puttered and poof, they were gone. I just stare at my computer shell shocked lol.

yellowfever

One of the Regulars
OK here’s another cheap one... Scott leathers (respected UK bike leathers maker of off the peg and bespoke riding gear) dating from 1980s. It cost me all of £19.99 plus postage...

I’m not usually a fan of 1980s motorbike jackets, they are often garish designs and colours and have lots of padding making them a bit unwieldy for casual wear, but also unsuitable (these days) for wear on the bike as padding is not (modern, CE rated) armour...

However, this jacket was in mint condition, very cheap, has a fabulous and warm purple quilted lining so good for colder days and has nice blue colours plus the (cow) leather is Connelly hide (Connelly went bust in the early 2000’s after more than a century as a high end UK leather manufacturer/supplier, who famously made the leather for the leather seats in Rolls-Royce, Aston Martin and other high end cars).

Anyway I like it a lot...

1901D74A-A692-4425-8DEA-E861AE610AA2.jpeg

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you! Its a good start to vintage jackets, I love how relaxed the leather is. It might be sacrilege but I'm having the sleeves trimmed/shortened so I can wear this better.

Not sacrilege at all. I wasn't going to say anything but, since you opened the door, IMHO the sleeves are way, WAY to wide in the bicep area. Given that you are already narrowing the upper sleeves, you might consider narrowing the shoulders and chest at the same time, while you are altering the adjacent sleeves. IMHO, the shoulders are too broad and the chest is too wide. The foregoing tailoring ain't cheep and I would not recommend it for a run-of-the-mill jacket, but your Cal is something special and it warrants the investment.

dannyk

One Too Many
Not sacrilege at all. I wasn't going to say anything but, since your went there, IMHO the sleeves are way, WAY to wide in the bicep area. Given that you are already narrowing the upper sleeves, you might consider narrowing the shoulders and chest at the same time, while you are altering the adjacent sleeves. IMHO, the shoulders are too broad and the chest is too wide. The foregoing tailoring ain't cheep and I would not recommend it for a run-of-the-mill jacket, but your Cal is something special and it warrants the investment.
Agreed. It must have been a custom. I’ve never seen anything like this one. If it fit me better I’d never have gotten rid of it. Straight zip with a collar lapel that’s incredible and the shearling collar is a ridiculous(ridiculous in a good way) color I’ve never seen. But being a custom it’s measurements are all over the place. If it were a run of the mil Cal I would say you should flip it. But it’s not a run of the Mil Cal at all. If you can get Dena or someone to tailor the sleeves it will be super badass. I just don’t have the funds at the time to do it. If you do @Jin431
..it will be a home run!

Riu

Practically Family
Thank you! Its a good start to vintage jackets, I love how relaxed the leather is. It might be sacrilege but I'm having the sleeves trimmed/shortened so I can wear this better.

That looks so much better with a little wear already, nice!

Thank you, I'm really happy with the jacket!

I would do the same with the sleeves if I'd have your jacket by the way :) Let's see some before/after pictures when it's done.

Riu

Practically Family
Me either. I think this one was only offered to the European market. The US only saw front quarter, full grain pleather. I used to shop H&M for work shirts, they had nicely fitted button downs for like $17. Haven’t been in the store I’m probably 10 years.

Looks cool! I don't even have the patience to browse in a store too much, I usually go for something specific and quickly get out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner