Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Screenshot_20210308-142327_Gallery.jpg

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Nice coat, I'm glad winter will be over soon here, cannot take too much cold!

Thanks Riu! Yeah it is nice, though I hardly notice anymore as I’ve worn it almost exclusively for the past 3 months as it’s the warmest jacket I own. Thick wool and quilted lining ftw
We had a week of leather weather and then it became too cold for it.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
@Jin431 Looks like your Cousin's Husky is walking with you and not you with with him but at least your body workout is done afterwards ;) Beautifuly Husky and I also like your outfit! :)

Oh yes she is definitely walking me here haha she doesn't listen to me yet so she's all over the place. It was good as it made me think if I want a bigger dog but it's a lot of work. I normally walk the bischon frise so that's chill haha thanks Robbie

Love Huskeys! You're missing a pair of rollerblades in the third picture :D

So goofy dogs lol yep she definitely worked me yesterday!

I got a similar old superdry jacket in blue. Love that jacket.

Riu

Practically Family
Thanks Riu! Yeah it is nice, though I hardly notice anymore as I’ve worn it almost exclusively for the past 3 months as it’s the warmest jacket I own. Thick wool and quilted lining ftw
We had a week of leather weather and then it became too cold for it.

That's cold-proof for sure I bet you'd like nicer weather to be able to wear leather jackets :)

@Psant25

Cal came in. Great jacket. Here are the numbers for a marked 44:

P2P: 24”

S2S:19.5”

Sleeve (straight from shoulder hem): 26”

Back from bottom of collar: 23”

It does look as if it fits longer. And definitely wears longer than my vintage jackets, except the Cals. There is a 2” front drop. My older Cals do not have it, at least visually bc of the little beaver tail. I’ll have to really check that. It does have a nice taper. Not extreme like some of the older Cals, but it’s there, like most every Cal. Perfect for riding. Great movement. Shoulder Gs do their thing.

Cowhide is pliable, soft yet thick. Very thick actually. Not really heavy though. I was anticipating more heft, not the case. I guess it’s a typical heavier than most but not Godzilla MC jacket. I really like it. Mostly because of how I know it will perform on the bike.

Ask questions por favor, if you need more data. Anyways, it’s in storage now as I am heading on a little trip. Some pictures::

97FC1B4F-EC7C-4D34-B3EA-8A147054450F.jpeg
9B9C9AE1-3BF8-4AAB-88BD-37122BA2927D.jpeg
FF2FB009-ACE2-47AB-A079-F3AE0AD14DF3.jpeg
847A3701-90A4-46AF-B5FF-E697492B6746.jpeg

EDIT: I was at storage to pick something up and took the opportunity to weigh the jacket. It’s over 7 lbs. I guess my curls having been paying off. Doesn’t feel that heavy.

Last edited:

Psant25

One Too Many
@Psant25

It does look as if it fits longer. And definitely wears longer than my vintage jackets, except the Cals. There is a 2” front drop. My older Cals do not have it, at least visually bc of the little beaver tail. I’ll have to really check that. It does have a nice taper. Not extreme like some of the older Cals, but it’s there, like most every Cal. Perfect for riding. Great movement. Shoulder Gs do their thing.

Cowhide is pliable, soft yet thick. Very thick actually. Not really heavy though. I was anticipating more heft, not the case. I guess it’s a typical heavier than most but not Godzilla MC jacket. I really like it. Mostly because of how I know it will perform on the bike.

Ask questions por favor, if you need more data. Anyways, it’s in storage now as I am heading on a little trip. Some pictures::

View attachment 316541 View attachment 316542 View attachment 316543 View attachment 316544
That looks pretty sweet! Interesting the front drop. The leather does look heavy in the pics i am surprised its not. Great jacket for the bike im sure. Have a great trip! It has been so cold up here first day almost 50 degrees F might take the new cop bike for a spin

That looks pretty sweet! Interesting the front drop. The leather does look heavy in the pics i am surprised its not. Great jacket for the bike im sure. Have a great trip! It has been so cold up here first day almost 50 degrees F might take the new cop bike for a spin

It’s heavy. No worries there. I thought it would be heavier. Thanks.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
@Psant25

View attachment 316541 View attachment 316542 View attachment 316543 View attachment 316544
looks great and definitely a few variances on the "usual" Cal. Can't remember if you said this was a newer model. Certainly looks like it with the leather and cut. I have a couple 60's/70s 42s and they're closer to 38 on size. Your 44 seems like a true 44.

My straight zip doesn't have the beaver tail LOL and no belt loops. But yours is cross zip with epaulette with same features. Like I said. Some different mixing and matching on this model. Really nice though.

looks great and definitely a few variances on the "usual" Cal. Can't remember if you said this was a newer model. Certainly looks like it with the leather and cut. I have a couple 60's/70s 42s and they're closer to 38 on size. Your 44 seems like a true 44.

My straight zip doesn't have the beaver tail LOL and no belt loops. But yours is cross zip with epaulette with same features. Like I said. Some different mixing and matching on this model. Really nice though.

Yep. Loads of tweaks. The big one for me is the taper. Some of the old Cals are meant for Gumby or a much younger JMax. Serious taper.

And it is a newer model. Guessing 90s, so not their current stuff. Highly recommend this timeframe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner