Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
@dudewuttheheck inspired me to try out the matching game again. @Davisleathernyc inspired me to wear what I want to wear.

Aero trucker, unknown lace up trousers & Sears harness boots.

20210416-211423.jpg

20210416-211442.jpg
You are a rock star!

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 327638 View attachment 327639 View attachment 327640 View attachment 327641 Greetings All:
This year’s been hard to get in front of a camera. So many distractions kinda put showing jacket selfies out of mind. But today the intoxicating aroma of the Cal made me wanna share it with more than myself. The squeak of old leather when you breath, the second skin glove fit and that old friend feeling, i have missed.
So a good day to share.
Be well and safe.
Bowen
Lookin good B. Gotta pop that collar!

. A perfect jacket for this frigidly cold weather!
I would kill to see 66 degrees. We are expecting one last, gut punch, kick in the balls, moral crushing blast of snow on Tuesday. I know when people live in typically very warm climates that kind of drop can seem cold but 66 degrees and I’m throwing on the chubbies, filling the kiddie pool and day drinking (from the can) PBR in the front yard.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I would kill to see 66 degrees. We are expecting one last, gut punch, kick in the balls, moral crushing blast of snow on Tuesday. I know when people live in typically very warm climates that kind of drop can seem cold but 66 degrees and I’m throwing on the chubbies, filling the kiddie pool and day drinking (from the can) PBR in the front yard.
The ocean is 76 F. so the surfers will go out in most any weather. When the air temp dips into the 60s F. here you see a lot of heavy winter coats come out. LOL

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Hohoho
Obenauf "dyed", zippertape finally showing its intended contrast
Happy with the color, i wont sun tan it no more, just normal wear from here on, i dont care if obenauf freezes the color this way i like it like this, and a good base for any patina if theres more.
View attachment 327703 View attachment 327704 View attachment 327705 View attachment 327706

Dude it looks FANTASTIC. Really reminds me of the success that guy had with Fieblings on the boring brown Langlitz. Congrats!

Wearing my new (to me) Sears Oakbrook D-pocket that I just picked up from the post office. I was worried the hem would be a bit too tight. It’s just right.
View attachment 327710 View attachment 327711

Killer fit! And the kidney panel is truly super cool. An excellent crosszip to go with your cafe racer.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Aero Type III today.

No longer trying to make assumptions about the weather. Just accepting that it happens to be cold enough for a jacket and running with it. Crawfish boil for a friend’s birthday today- raining so we were in a rare New Orleans basement much of the time.

6794345A-AA67-4968-87ED-DB59A9D8876B.jpeg
530BEB38-4A2D-4127-8576-5A5A2949EEAF.jpeg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Aero Type III today.

No longer trying to make assumptions about the weather. Just accepting that it happens to be cold enough for a jacket and running with it. Crawfish boil for a friend’s birthday today- raining so we were in a rare New Orleans basement much of the time.

View attachment 327883 View attachment 327884
I dont intentionally take a walk in the rain, but whenever im wearing jacket, i see rain as a bonus these days, i enjoy walking across parking lot in it, every drop adding just a little more character to it.

Y’2 Leather teacore horsehide vest. I would like your opinion on whether this jacket’s length is too long or is OK.

View attachment 327887 View attachment 327888

View attachment 327889 View attachment 327890

View attachment 327891

View attachment 327893

View attachment 327892

I'm not sure. So okay, it looks good but on the other hand, it's undoubtedly... Well long. It's got that apron-ish look going on. Since this is the kind of garment that's supposed to be worn either under a coat, though sometimes over, leather vest oughtn't stick out from under the hem of the jacket or hang over it.

Vests such as this one are designed to end just at your belt line 'cause it's got no sleeves to hold it in place so what happens is when you sit down, it gets pushed up and the shoulders end up sticking out and it looks silly.

On the other hand, I do not at all dislike the way it looks at you. I don't know. It's good.

Main issue I've got with it is that I've no clue what is it supposed to be. It can't be a biker vest even though it's styled as one because it's definitely too long for that and if it's something else... Then I have no idea what.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here

ai00344

One of the Regulars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112