Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks! Yeah I had been seeing a lot of photos of Japanese brands, and liked the fit. But of course that is how those brands fit well on a Japanese stature. Lewis has the same fit but tailored for my stature (tall, broad shoulders but slim body, and long ass monkey arms).

speaking of copy, I’d have to say Addict is the most dramatic case study in fashion history

Motocann

One Too Many
New to me IH Type 3 19oz jacket from @MattinMD. Couldn't resist the iron heart temptation but now I know why this is so highly thought of. Longer in the body than what I'm used to wearing but I don't think it's too bad

View attachment 329275

View attachment 329276

View attachment 329274
I would assume, if you washed and dried it, it would shrink in the length a bit. My IH Type III jacket does seem any longer than a traditional Levi’s trucker. Or maybe my corduroy Trucker was before the longer body?
D7A2E2BA-1B02-49B6-A3A7-28B622CB8803.jpeg

Joshua Holland

Familiar Face
speaking of copy, I’d have to say Addict is the most dramatic case study in fashion history

Yes have been seeing those a lot. One somewhat newer company that is trying to carry on the tradition in the USA is The Cast NYC. I met the owners a few years back and seem like good folks. Their jackets look really nice. Hoping to get out there and check them out in person, particularly the trucker style. Why not go broke on leather jackets?

Motocann

One Too Many
Just received my Lewis Leathers Cyclone. Unfortunately just in time for the warm weather. Wearing it inside because I love it and it needs some loosening up. Pricey for sure (especially in veg tanned cow hide), but this is my first high end leather jacket (have had cheap ones) and went all out. I was a little nervous on how the fit and finish would turn out, but happy on all accounts. LL worked with me and customized enough to get the size and fit just right for my tastes. I researched and considered some other brands like Field Leathers and Fine Creek, but the style and iconic history of LL drew me in. Having been a big punk rock fan in the early 80's, the fact that members of The Clash, Ramones, Motorhead, Sex Pistols, + Chrissie Hynde, Joan Jett, etc etc among many others have worn LL's was the kicker. Call me a wannabe, but I love the history.

View media item 3893
That jacket looks great! I’ve gone back and forth about ordering one. But, concerned about getting the fit right. I wish there were LL dealers here in the states, to try on jackets. Also, there is a Japanese version which are slimmer fit jackets. I figured I’d just wait till I could go to the London store and buy one in person.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The brown cowhide/horsehide tanned in England on Lewis is actually really nice. The surface color rubs off just that how it’d look in the Rin Tanaka book, and the fine ceases develops quite easily.

Attachments

• EF15F043-2BD6-442B-9BC8-F1605257A25A.jpeg
    EF15F043-2BD6-442B-9BC8-F1605257A25A.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 448
  • DFFDF49D-D135-4554-810E-6E1AA7B9938B.jpeg
    DFFDF49D-D135-4554-810E-6E1AA7B9938B.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 517
  • 14836423-9D56-4AAD-A32B-414E88E260E3.jpeg
    14836423-9D56-4AAD-A32B-414E88E260E3.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 482
  • 388DC51E-F236-4324-8028-D967EB14943B.jpeg
    388DC51E-F236-4324-8028-D967EB14943B.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 549

Joshua Holland

Familiar Face
That jacket looks great! I’ve gone back and forth about ordering one. But, concerned about getting the fit right. I wish there were LL dealers here in the states, to try on jackets. Also, there is a Japanese version which are slimmer fit jackets. I figured I’d just wait till I could go to the London store and buy one in person.

Thank you! The fit was my main concern. I thought I could wait until I had the chance to go to London but just couldn't :) I too had seen the Japanese "tight fit" LL's, and as a long slim person, didn't want a jacket that was too big in the body, or arms too short, but depends on your body type. After you order, LL will work with you, and have you take specific measurements. I had fairly extensive back and forth with Rip at LL via email and phone. He made certain suggestion based on their years of experience. In the end, the jacket fits me like a glove. I could not have gone any slimmer, otherwise it would be hard to get into it and it would look too tight (IMO). This may sound strange to say, but if you are indeed Japanese, the "tight fit" from Japan may work for you, but I was told that it can be difficult to get the "tight fit" to work right on people with a more western physique.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I would assume, if you washed and dried it, it would shrink in the length a bit. My IH Type III jacket does seem any longer than a traditional Levi’s trucker. Or maybe my corduroy Trucker was before the longer body? View attachment 329664

I am working on it, i hope the soaking I did the other helped with the length a bit but I haven't measured the jacket since. That IH corduroy looks cool, I never really had a corduroy pants/jacket so it's alien to me. I really don't mind the extra length, it's nice to wear something not so short like the leather jackets I have and it helps with the overall look as I don't tuck my shirt in.

Reactions: Riu

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
It makes sense. I probably would have done the same thing anyway to confirm my opinion:)
Definitely helps to handle/wear to help decide and I feel if something is in my right size/dimension then I would have no qualms of getting another iron heart product.

lookin good brotha. That looks like heavy denim. 18 to 21 oz?
Thanks bro I like it if only it was 1.5-2" shorter then it would have been even better fitting. It's 19oz and I feel every bit of it especially buttoning up the donuts lol

There will be a 40 degree temperature swing in the next 24-48 hours. We are to hit 80 on Tuesday. Personally I can’t wait. Today it’s 40 degrees so I’ll wear the only jacket that makes me smile. I’ve spotted a gem that might force some jackets into the classifieds (there’s really only one worth selling)...but this one stays.
E9173F5E-F3F3-4EE1-8087-C6D7628DC810.jpeg

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Same crazy weather here. Upper 50s today, might hit 100 on Thrs. It is the last hurrah. Had B3 on last night. Getting the Field Leathers some wear now. Really has transformed past week or so after about 100 hours of wear. Softened up, grain popping, sleeve creases. No teacore though. Think that's a very long way to go.
20210425_132201.jpg
20210425_132239.jpg
20210425_150250.jpg

Motocann

One Too Many

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto