Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
One more attempt, I think ideally I’d want the lower front panel about half of what it is now. But for $525, is it worth keeping?? Definitely wouldn’t keep if $1k new.
View attachment 332169

I agree with the others, it's at least 1 size too big.
Shoudlers are falling off, and the side straps look like they are pulled tight and there is still too much leather.
IMO you are better off selling and buying a smaller one.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Convinced! Too many good fitting jackets in the closet. Just really needed a halfbelt besides my vintage black Lesco. But that’s a good fit and only $100! Thanks for the advice guys

Mysteryo

One Too Many
60’s Fidelity Sportswear cafe racer
With a killer patina and grain.
Full post on my Instagram @yomysteryo
9DC9B4D9-08A0-4F8A-86BB-802105E0AC8B.jpeg
C358D1DB-2EA2-45C7-82D5-6E44D5F88D6B.jpeg

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Convinced! Too many good fitting jackets in the closet. Just really needed a halfbelt besides my vintage black Lesco. But that’s a good fit and only $100! Thanks for the advice guys
When I saw the first picture today I thought it does look ok, but when I saw the second one I definitely agree with the others. Looks one size too big. Good decision that you’re selling it. Fingers crossed that you‘ll soon find a Perfect replacement and that you find a buyer for this one!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Directly a result of the thread "Why should I buy a Vanson" this came to my house via the large square brown truck today. Frankly, while the torso length is sized for "racer" style motorcycles, this still is one of the nicest jackets I have ever owned. Especially as it's 20+ years old so "old school" competition weight leather. Well broken in, in amazingly good condition, it's home. Identical to one I owned for ~ 10 years till 2019. Now I just need to find a bike again...

Full details here https://vansonleathers.com/mens-lea...l?search_query=COBRA+MK2+SPORTRIDER&results=1

DSC_0810.JPG

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Directly a result of the thread "Why should I buy a Vanson" this came to my house via the large square brown truck today. Frankly, while the torso length is sized for "racer" style motorcycles, this still is one of the nicest jackets I have ever owned. Especially as it's 20+ years old so "old school" competition weight leather. Well broken in, in amazingly good condition, it's home. Identical to one I owned for ~ 10 years till 2019. Now I just need to find a bike again...

Full details here https://vansonleathers.com/mens-lea...l?search_query=COBRA+MK2+SPORTRIDER&results=1

View attachment 332244
Now this is what call a perfect fit. You look effortlessly super cool.

This should be a keeper. If I do see it turn up in the classifieds section one day, I'm going to talk you out of selling it :p

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
After a lot of tlc this Windward is good to go for another 75 years.

I knew it would be perfect for me when @ton312 told me he couldn't zip it up.

Such an elegant design, I love it.

View attachment 332277 View attachment 332278

Damn Marc! That weight treatment really did the trick. As Robbie said, this looks like an almost new jacket and not like it's 70 years old. It fits you really nicely as well!

Edit: how much water did you put on it? Just surface level wet or wet all the way through?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner